D&D 5E Give me your craziest, most GONZO PC concepts!

cmad1977

Hero
Probably doesn't qualify as Gonzo or crazy but...
I've wanted to make a dwarven bard named Dio Rockmaker. He would naturally play traditional dwarven metal music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmad1977

Hero
To the great annoyance of the other player I'd probably use metal song names in my dialogue.

'It's dark out. Must be just about Two Minutes to Midnight.'

'We're all alone. As if we're a Rainbow in the Dark'

'A swimming cleric? More like a Holy Diver!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkB

Legend
Not seriously off-the-wall, but when our DM came up with a campaign concept where we started out as having just killed the dragon who's been terrorising the kingdom, and the adventure was to make it safely back to town in order to claim our reward, I built an Oath of Vengeance paladin whose oath was... to kill the dragon.

So he starts out like Inigo Montoya at the end of The Princess Bride - he's spent his whole life in the vengeance business, and has absolutely no idea what to do next.

He was very un-paladin-like in style and attitude, a tough-as-nails mercenary with a massive two-handed maul and a cynical dislike of organised religion.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
A pteranodon riding halfling beast master ranger welding a whip and a short bow!

1433888826_Second-Place.jpg

jgsugden

Legend
Build a wood elf monk and reskin it as an 'awakened' animal (per the spell awaken).

Another option is to build a truly evil and villainous character that has realized that the ones that make off with the most booty and get to keep it are heroes. Accordingly comma the horrible villain will act as if he is a good person in order to fit in with a group of Heroes to try and collect the benefits. However comma doing the right thing won't be his natural inclination.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Narcoleptic Insomniac Bard.

Keeps falling asleep in the middle of inspiring performances, and then just walks off with his eyes still open.

Crowd thinks its witnessing Theatre of the Absurd and roars applause.

Remove ads