• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good Games for the Wii?

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Your GEZ free times are over anyway, if you've got a computer that is (even merely theoretically) internet capable. I think even the Wii would qualify for that.

The legality of this is rather unclear - some court decisions have stated that internet-capable PCs do not count.

I listen to public radio stations frequently, and do not mind paying my fees for that. But after all the harassing letters I'm getting from the GEZ, I refuse to budge by paying for a television I don't own.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
I tried the "Fitness" sub-program for the first time today. I got a "48" "fitness age"...

Oh, and I think I'm gradually understanding the rules of baseball...

WhatGravitas

Explorer
I listen to public radio stations frequently, and do not mind paying my fees for that. But after all the harassing letters I'm getting from the GEZ, I refuse to budge by paying for a television I don't own.
Eh, just wait until they're putting up public television so you have to pay, because you could walk past it.

And only Wii Sports? No Wii Fit?

Cheers, LT.

babomb

First Post
Go running outside - no gym or membership required.

Then buy a 360 for a better selection of games.

I have to say I agree with this. I have a Wii, and I haven't played it in months. Mario Galaxy is good (but overrated), Metroid is good, Zelda is pretty much more of the same. Excite Truck and Elebits are pretty fun too. Stay away from Red Steel.

Krug

Newshound
I'm getting one from a friend, and have been reccomended Resident Evil 4 and Ravin' Rabbids. I believe you'll be moving lots for the latter.

Baron Opal

First Post
The Force Unleashed is supposed to have top-notch swordplay moves on it. Ninja Reflex has some interesting hand-eye coordination games, but nothing particularly stressing. I feel pretty exercised after the basic tennis game on Wii Sports.

Fire Emblem is a total couch potato game, but a lot of fun. Small unit tactics.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Yesterday I bought a pair of wrist weights of 1 kg each to make the workout more efficiently. And they do seem to work - though I noticed that after 20-30 minutes of wearing them, I have great difficulties of hitting anything in the tennis game because my arms are so tired.

But I guess that will improve over time.

Amellia

First Post
Yesterday I bought a pair of wrist weights of 1 kg each to make the workout more efficiently. And they do seem to work - though I noticed that after 20-30 minutes of wearing them, I have great difficulties of hitting anything in the tennis game because my arms are so tired.

But I guess that will improve over time.

This is really smart, seriously. I'm going to try it.

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
Bowling has a lot of movement if you step as you throw like you normaly bowl.
I love that standing up, walking four steps and swinging your arm is being touted as "excercise". No wonder the stereotypical gamer looks like he does.

My recommendation, if you're looking for exercise, would be to throw the Wii in the trash.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads