• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GP] A Game of Politics (closed)

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Aristocrat class looks cool. I do have a couple of questions, though.

1. Is the class skill list the same as the DMG?

2. Aristocrats must be lawful. Bards cannot be lawful. So technically my house (Lyra) wouldn't have anyone multiclassing the two. It makes a sort of sense (either you get things done or you sit around entertaining others), but I was under the impression most people would be multiclassing.

Bob Aberton

First Post
I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, everybody:D

I'm in the process of making my character...

Timothy, if you could provide me with some of the following info:

Major NPCs (of Corona Austrina)

Relationships between said NPCs

One or two major Current Events

Just so's I have a basis to start intriguing and backstabbing;)

Btw, I'm for starting ASAP

Timothy

First Post
Well, since this is my pet project, eveytime I write up something, it has some references to yet un-written rules. If you liik in the saints adescribtion you can see I mention other things a lot. Like the recent revolution that has taken place (started by Corona Austrina and the brother and sister that have now become saints). That revolution changed the way rulers are chosen. Firt the rulers were the ones who rules by force or trickery, but almost always house Taurus. Since the revolution The leading house is voted. Each of the houses has two votes, and a house cannot vote on itself. The land is rules by a Council of the Current ruling house, and by a council in which all of the other houses have one vote. The only powers the second council has is the ability to disaprove rules made by the first council.

I've got a free day today, just had an english listening text and should have enough free time to write up somethings. I have one Q. Does anybody know some original name-generators, since naming places and NPC's is getting to be a burden.

Things I want to write up before we can begin: (In this order)

City statistics
City Layout
Major organizations in the city.
Some places outside of the city.
NPC's in the houses and the city
Relations between NPC's, organizations, houses and so on.
A describtion of the current power of the PC's

Timothy

First Post
Answers to your questions:

Languages will be in the layout of the land.

class skill list is still the same as DMG.
Not all characters in house Lyra are bards, but all people in house Lyra can enjoy good art or supports the believe this house has.

Relations will be written up, current events will be in the paper. I've decided to add 'word on the street' in the post of the more official paper. I would recommend everyone to get their gather knowledge skills as high as possible, becuase that will depend on how much you know.

I've decided to up the level to 6 and the point buy to 32, so better characters can be made and the leadership feat can be taken.

If you write up a small background, you can have a base of operations for some modifiers to your leadersip score, as described on page 45 of the DMG. I will be giving you more followers as you increase in level and award bonusses (or penalties) based on roleplaying.

Your cohorts and followers are humans only. Your cohort can be higher level than you , but without the same status.
You can have your followers and cohorts behave in a certain way. For example, you can set up a small gang of thugs to 'Influence' other people.

Thx for ppinting out the rules Byrons_Ghost, although the link didn't work, I found the file through browsing on the main site.
However, at a quick glance this is not exactly what I am looking for. I would rather base your realtions with others on roleplaying.

Also, I'm going to set up another e-mail Adress for this game, so I can keep track of things. If you need to know anything that might be off-limits for the other players, plz mail me, I'll post the adrees soon.

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
The City stats: I didn't go exactly by the book on this, but that was done on purpose, this is how I feel the city looks like in realtion to classes and races.

Farseer, Capital of Farnese
Metropolis:
Population : 26173 Adults, Total : 33845
Golden Star limit (single Item) : 110000 GP.
Primary Power Center: The Gathering, Lawful Good.
Secundairy Power Center: The ruling Council and the Council of Houses, NG.
Tertiary Power Center: The houses, Alignment Varies

Highest Level NPC’s:

Aristocrats: 20, 17, 16 Total: 157
Barbarian: lvl: 16, 9, 7 Total: 132
Bard: 15, 13, 8 Total: 141
Cleric: 17, 9, 9, 6 Total: 152
Druid: 18, 13 Total: 53
Fighter: 18, 18, 13 Total: 203
Monk: 9, 8 Total: 24
Paladin: 10, 8 Total : 37
Ranger: 12, 7 Total : 78
Rogue: 20, 17, 13 Total : 265
Sorceror : 10, 8, 8 Total : 156
Wizard : 16, 10, 10 Total : 167

Adept: Total: 246
Commoner: Total: 22375
Expert: Total: 1230
Warriaors: 1236

Races (Mixed)

Human: 79%
9% Halfling
5% Elf
3% Gnome
2% Dwarf
1.5% Half-elf
0.5% Half-Orc

Timothy

First Post
here's a map of the land, the capitol is the city with the crown above it.

Attachments

• farnese.bmp
    36.7 KB · Views: 69

Timothy

First Post
Here is a quick write up of the layout, not overly happy with it though, so it will probarly change.

Layout of Farseer

Farseer is located on a lonely hill in the coutryside, where the river Hydrus splits into two different rivers (Hydrus Borealis and Hydrus Austrina) and four roads lead from the city to the cornenrs of the land. The city is divided into circles, each circle being higher on the hill. On the summit there is a great round plaza Surrounding the plaze are 11 great buildings. All the houses have their base of operations here, as well as The Palace for the Coucil of Houses and the Ruling Council. There is only one great road leading to the plaza, and it goes in a straight line from the Great Gate to the plaza of rulers as the plaza is called. Xirectly opposite to where the Road enters the Plaza the great builiding of the Ruling Council is build. In the middle of the Square there is new building. Called the Circle Of thoughts. It the home of The Gathering and basicly resembles a smaller colloseum. Here all the major descisions for the city are taken. The Circle of thoughts has a lot of rooms, but it is dominated by the great arena in the middle. In this arena 2600 people can take place. Important decisions are made by popular vote. If a rule has been thought up, it is anounced through all of the city and at a set time everyone can go to the circle and express their thoughts by waving either a small red or a small green banner.

Working my way down from the plaza to the bottom this are the circles. Around each circle ther is a wall.

The Plaza of Rulers – as described
The High Circle – Only the wealthy live here, and mostly small palaces are up here.
The Divine and The Arcane – Divided in two halfs, one for clerics and one wizards and their employees.
The Merchant’s Circle – Marketplace for the city.
The Organizers – all matter of organizations have their base of operations here, from the bard’s theater to the City Barracks
The Practised Circle – here all crafting takes place
The First Circle – in Past times this was the first circle, when looking from bottom to summit.
The Woods – A great ring of woodsis on the circle, this is all that remains of the forest that once covered the entire hill.
The Slums – an unwalled part of the city that is home to the many people that cannot get a house somewhere else in the city. It’s a rule here that the richer you are, the closer you live to the wall of wood (the wall surrounding the woods)

Remove ads