• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Green Dragon

Transit

First Post
goofygreendragon.jpg

Hmmm.... That nose horn looks just about the right size to be snipped off with a nail-clipper.

It will still be a goofy looking dragon, but at least it will be a goofy looking dragon without a nose horn.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'd suggest that many of the minis look bad on line and on paper, but better in person. Of course, own a ton of these things, so I'll admit I'm a fan in general.

davidthegnome

First Post
If you use modeling putty on about the last third of his mouth and snip off his nose horn it would go along way towards making it better. If you still wanted the horn and were careful when you cut it off you could move it up his skull a little more, and that might not look half bad.

But if your going to do all that work anyway, you may as well buy a pewter mini of a dragon and do it all yourself.

IanB

First Post
We won't really know if the sculpt looks bad until we've seen it in all 3 dimensions. There have been plenty of minis in the past where we've seen the 2D photo, said "bleargh!" and then it turned out to look fine in person.

~Johnny~

First Post
It looks silly, but that's because of the "smile," not because of the horn. The concept art it was based on looks solid enough.

green_dragon.jpg

I thought it looked good in the picture above, until I saw the close-up of the miniature's face in this thread.

catsclaw227

First Post
The art of all the dragons in Worlds & Monsters is pretty good (the whole book has great art.) I read the part about the green dragon, and changing its appearance makes sense, as well as the mechanics changes they discussed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads