• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guess the LA!

wraith8

First Post
Note, don't actually look this up. That would spoil the fun. Here is a clip from a creature converted into 3.5 in a conversion download from the website.

4d8 hit dice
10' land movement, 40' perfect flight
+8 Str, +10 Dex, +10 Con, +8 Int, +8 Wis, +10 Cha
DR 10/cold iron

OK, so from this much, what do you think the LA is?

Scion

First Post
If wotc did it? probably +44 or something insane like that.

As for a useful one though? It depends on what kind of hit dice those are, what size it is, and what sort of limbs it has at least.

Although, just going by that, and assuming that they are some fairly useless hd, and it uses wings instead of hands, then maybe something like +2 or +3 at the most..

with +3 it is starting at level 7 with pretty much nothing but natural ability. Its hp will be fine, its attack bonus will be decent for damage. Which is all well and good of course, but just not much for class abilities.

nameless

First Post
I'd give it +5. The abilities I rank at +4, the flight at +1, the DR at +1, but the crappy land speed and monster hit dice subtract 1 (or even 2 for an LA of +4 for really crappy HD like fey).

wraith8

First Post
Now to further describe the creature.

OK, they're cleric hd.

Size is large....
The creature has automatically evaision, is immune to polymorphing and mind affecting abilities.

Furthermore, it has 3.0 haste..... (Note it has an la....)

Last edited:

Epametheus

First Post
Automatic evasion? Do you mean it has improved evasion, or does it automatically pass reflex saves?

The stat adjustments are so good that they might be worth +2 LA in of themselves.

I take it the creature is aberration-typed?

And we can't really give an accurate LA for it if you're not disclosing its full abilities.

Last edited:

wraith8

First Post
Fine fine i'll give the rest

it has evasion as an ability.

Three heads, 6 arms and it comes with nine claw attacks and 3 bite attacks.

Regeneration 2, it only takes lethal damage from lawful attacks and spells.

And it has the abiltiy to create hex portals, portals that move 20' per turn and that he can attack through regardless of being next to them.

The creature? The sharn.

Without looking at the pgtf web enhancement, though you can look at monsters of faerun (just note that the haste abilty there has been updated to the quickness ability of chokers....), guess the la.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads