• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen (full)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Reading through it my ruling is this:
You can retrieve an item from Hunter's pouch since you have the Legerdemain ability.
You can manipulate an item to feed the berry, standard for the spell.
You can use your action or your cunning action bonus action to manipulate the hand.
You cannot use your action and your cunning action to get two actions out of the hand in a single round.

So yes, but it'd take two turns.

Spartain104

First Post
In case anyone is wondering, Witchbolt had a much better chance of working. Crown of madness is a saving throw for the target and I was worried it might be too easy. Crown of madness only lets me control their attacks, not their other actions. They could simply run or try some other way around it. I was also worried that the cultist would not be doing much damage, or would quickly be cut down by his allies in the process. Also dragonclaw dude seems as though he could easily beat the DC (13) to beat the crown of madness as well.

hafrogman

Adventurer
crit damage from witchbolt - [roll0]

Edit: You should all thank the dice gods for terrible rolls! 4d12 could easily have fried the Dragonclaw to a cinder, making this all for naught.

Spartain104

First Post
It's funny because I wanted I crit the hit but not the damage. So I am pleased. You can all thank Venn later. Maybe now Venn can intimidate the dragon claw to back down?

hafrogman

Adventurer
Intimidate isn't something you can really try over and over again until you get it. But as you can see from the IC thread, it doesn't really matter.

Spartain104

First Post
Then I can assure everyone that Venn is most pleased with himself, and will most likely take it as a sign that he is very intimidating. Regardless of the massive damage output provided with his witch bolt.

Remove ads