Hanable's Hunters (OOC) - Always accepting Alts

Bront

The man with the probe
Branding Opportunity -
I like all your ideas, the Kalashtar probably fits the best though. I was generaly hoping for a good or good intentioned party, the Blood of Vol thing I don't think would play up well in this campaign, and ending civilization just isn't quite as exciting.

Defcon1 -
I like the detailed background, but I'd worry that your idea would set you against the party/organization a bit too much. No reason you couldn't leak info on occasion, in fact Hanable probably encourages the occasional "leak" to keep the houses interested. I just don't want to encourage in party intrigue (Not quite what I'm looking for).

Temujin - Did he find the Hunters reciently, or has he been a hunter for a while? Were they more a cause up his ally that he found right after the war, or did he wander for a while? (Either is fine with me, but you might want to go into it a bit, or you can leave it up to me, which is fine too).

Daz - How might either of your characters hooked up with the hunters? By the background, it seems like a more recient thing. Both backgrounds are cool, though I like the Druid a bit more.

POL - Kort looks like fun. but as I've asked before, how did he get hooked up with the Hunters? Is he a new recruit or an old timer? What does he think of the Hunters?

Elocin - Both characters are cool. I could see both your characters being recruited by the Hunters early, though Hobes is probably more likely there later due to him likely heading to sharn first. If you care, feel free to go a bit more in depth.

Candite - More background (I know you said you were getting to it). Both could be interesting, I'm wondering where you'll go with them.

Gabrion and Ferrix - You both asked about creating the same PrC eventualy, and I said yes. Obviously you can do that several ways, I'm interesting to see how you go about it and what the background is.

Logicsfate - I need more background (don't need stats). The idea is sound and would work, but a good background gives me fun things to introduce and play with, as well as a good feel for the character's motivations.

Jdvn1 - Go nuts and make one if you want.

Hypersmurf - Go ahead, create it. I'd love to see it.

I think that's everyone who's submitted sofar. Just want to give some feedback, and ask a few questions. If you want to leave how you joined the hunters (how soon, ect) to me, that's fine too, I can write you in or work it out with you. Idealy I want a cool background with a hook or two, a clear motivation, and a fun character. If you want more feedback, let me know.

Feel free to contact me in chat or e-mail as well if you have any more questions. I want to be available and help you all have fun.

Bront said:
Branding Opportunity -
I like all your ideas, the Kalashtar probably fits the best though. I was generaly hoping for a good or good intentioned party, the Blood of Vol thing I don't think would play up well in this campaign, and ending civilization just isn't quite as exciting.
OK, cool, let me think about this guy/gal, and see what I come up with.

gabrion

First Post
Bront said:
Gabrion and Ferrix - You both asked about creating the same PrC eventualy, and I said yes. Obviously you can do that several ways, I'm interesting to see how you go about it and what the background is.

I've been putting some thought into it, but since I've only played in one Eberron game and that was only for 3 sessions, I'm really trying to wrap my head around the dynamics. I hope to have an interesting background up tomorrow. Since I'm planning on making a 5th level rogue, there is a good chance he would have been a retriever from the get go, so I will probably be taking some liberty in what he has done so far.

@Ferrix-I may have posted the original idea a few minutes before you, but if we are planning on going into chameleon, we could have wildly different backgrounds and character concepts. I mean it's really open to anything. I guess I'm just saying it would be good to see your character as well.

Bront

The man with the probe
Branding Opportunity said:
OK, cool, let me think about this guy/gal, and see what I come up with.
If you have any other ideas, feel free to suggest them too (You seem pretty good at coming up with wild ones). I'll give you feedback on which ones work a bit better. Hopefully from my comments you've got a good idea on what I'm leaning towards and can go from there.

Keep in mind, I once had a character who was deathly afraid of the duck-billed platypus. It was an odd quirk, but he explained it. And I never got to send those Were-Platypusses I had planned at him :D Weird doesn't bother me, just make it fun and make it work.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Bront said:
Hypersmurf - Go ahead, create it. I'd love to see it.

You know, I don't have the ECS, and I'm probably at my limit for PbPs at the moment.

But I'm seriously considering going and buying ECS on my way home tonight, just so I can pity the foo'!

As much fun as it sounds, though, I don't think I can in good conscience apply for another game right now...

-Hyp.

Bront

The man with the probe
gabrion said:
I've been putting some thought into it, but since I've only played in one Eberron game and that was only for 3 sessions, I'm really trying to wrap my head around the dynamics. I hope to have an interesting background up tomorrow. Since I'm planning on making a 5th level rogue, there is a good chance he would have been a retriever from the get go, so I will probably be taking some liberty in what he has done so far.

@Ferrix-I may have posted the original idea a few minutes before you, but if we are planning on going into chameleon, we could have wildly different backgrounds and character concepts. I mean it's really open to anything. I guess I'm just saying it would be good to see your character as well.

Cool, feel free to take a few liberties. The hunters have carved out an odd lot in the world, so if you add something cool that's fine. If you're off base, I'll give you some feedback. Don't worry, I'm flexable.

And if two different takes on the same idea work in the party dynamic, I have no objection to taking both. It's not first come first serve, and I'm of the oppinion that you can never have too many character concepts (you can always use them for other games if I don't take you here).

Bront

The man with the probe
Hypersmurf said:
You know, I don't have the ECS, and I'm probably at my limit for PbPs at the moment.

But I'm seriously considering going and buying ECS on my way home tonight, just so I can pity the foo'!

As much fun as it sounds, though, I don't think I can in good conscience apply for another game right now...

-Hyp.
No Problem, glad you stoped by to joke around. Who knows, maybe he'll show up as an alt or NPC or something ;)

Seeten

First Post
this is how I feel. Stretched to the limit. Boy it sounds fun, but in good conscience, I cant post enough for all the interesting games!

Bront

The man with the probe
No problem, I don't think we'll be starting before next weekend at the earlies, by the end of the month more likely. Got a few other things happening and still need to sort out who's who and do math and such.

Seeten, if you want to sign up as an alt, feel free. I'm open, and if thing goes well, who knows, I might spawn a second team. But I appreciate you not trying to stretch yourself.

Remove ads