Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Wombat

First Post
"The Laura Palmer sez, 'Gobble ... gobble ... gobble.'" ;)

Happy Turkey Day to all who celebrate it! :)

And for all of you who live in other nations, may you have a wonderful weekend as well, albeit without the turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, etc. (Then again a buddy of mine had a great Thanksgiving dinner once in Taichung City, Taiwan, so anything is possible if you look around hard enough...)

See everyone on Monday ... or possibly Tuesday...

Daijin

First Post
I wish everyone a happy thanksgiving on the 24th, and also hope everyone has something to be thankful for. God Bless you all ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody (or at least, all those in the US of A).

QD, be thankful you're not dealing with the DC bureaucracy. My SO spent a good full day trying to clear up an error in a real estate title with multiple round trips. I have heard the DMV is even worse.

(To be fair, I have heard things have gotten better since Williams was elected, and my SO says everybody was generally polite and helpful.)

Henry

Autoexreginated
I wish everyone celebrating a Happy Thanksgiving as well. My presence will be sketchy the next four days, myself, as my office is closed, but hopefully everyone will get to do something fun this weekend, even if it's just tooling around these forums. :)

What I'm thankful for:

my health - I know a lot of people with health far worse than mine.
my family - there are a lot of people who have no one to celebrate with.
my friends - even if I didn't have my family, I have people who would welcome me as family in a heartbeat, and it's a great feeling.
my job - a commodity which can never be taken for granted by those of us who have one.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Henry, thanks for echoing those feelings for me. Save me a whole lot of typing.

But none the less, giving how this year has been, I will restate with zest, that we have a lot to be thankful for.

Life should not be taken for granted, it is a...humbled privilege.

Bless.

Henry said:
I wish everyone celebrating a Happy Thanksgiving as well. My presence will be sketchy the next four days, myself, as my office is closed, but hopefully everyone will get to do something fun this weekend, even if it's just tooling around these forums. :)

What I'm thankful for:

my health - I know a lot of people with health far worse than mine.
my family - there are a lot of people who have no one to celebrate with.
my friends - even if I didn't have my family, I have people who would welcome me as family in a heartbeat, and it's a great feeling.
my job - a commodity which can never be taken for granted by those of us who have one

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Daijin said:
I am deaf...since 4 and half, now 38...and i forgot how to sign it....sheesh :(
Hey, cool! :) My brother is deaf and has been since he was less than a year old. I'm trying to learn as much ASL I can right now, actually.

There are two signs for "Thanksgiving", but the easier one is "thank you" and "give." I forget the other, but it has something to do with the sign for turkey.

Do you get to go to Deaf Socials? My brother has lots of information about them and tries to start them up in random places. It's harder in smaller towns, though.

Edit: The sign for Thanksgiving.

I was actually thinking of a different sign for "turkey" but that one is very similar. :)

Edit 2: Now that I think of it, I've never met a deaf D&D player! Assuming I could learn enough ASL to DM in sign, you'd be welcome at my table.

Last edited:

Remove ads