Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and I'm actually posting this ON Thanksgiving. ;) Been TG for 3 hours and 1 minute now, maybe 2 by the time I'm done typing. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

In addition to all the other stuff I have to be thankful for, I'd like to give an extra helping of thanks for the great community here, the people I've met through ENWorld, and the fun times I've enjoyed online and in person. You guys are the greatest!

Daijin

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Do you get to go to Deaf Socials? My brother has lots of information about them and tries to start them up in random places. It's harder in smaller towns, though.

Nope, havent been to a deaf social ever. I have this group of hearing friends, and am slow to make new ones. Thank you very much by the way for that link, i totally forgot the sign.

Jdvn1 said:
Edit 2: Now that I think of it, I've never met a deaf D&D player! Assuming I could learn enough ASL to DM in sign, you'd be welcome at my table.

I am a DM and dont use sign at all, i have one deaf player but she doesnt use ASL. Although all 16 players learned the alphabet for some hard to understand words. Just takes patience and practice and lip reading skill to eventually overcome any negative experience at the gaming table.

Harmon

First Post
Merry Chr- oh, wait thats not here yet- my mistake (just heard a Christmas song at the grocery store).

Umm- then it must be Thanksgiving still :D Got a lot to be thank ful for, like feeling better, better health, a kid on the way, my wee little wife, and a job.

Wishing you all well on this fine day.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Daijin said:
Nope, havent been to a deaf social ever. I have this group of hearing friends, and am slow to make new ones. Thank you very much by the way for that link, i totally forgot the sign.
If nothing else, a deaf social is a good opportunity to practice signing. I'm also slow to make new friends, but my brother is trying to make me go to socials...
Daijin said:
I am a DM and dont use sign at all, i have one deaf player but she doesnt use ASL. Although all 16 players learned the alphabet for some hard to understand words. Just takes patience and practice and lip reading skill to eventually overcome any negative experience at the gaming table.
Even good lip readers miss a significant portion of conversations, though. My brother lip reads (and speaks) so well some people don't realize he's deaf. He still asks me to explain things, especially when the speaker isn't facing him.

Not that I'm refering to your gaming group. I'm sure you have a system that works well. It's just that when the idea of signing at the D&D table popped into my head, I thought it was a good one. ;)

Remove ads