Here there be Dragons [Closed]

sappire07

First Post
character posted in RG

sorry it took me so long. some nasty system defender program tricked me into thinking i had multiple viruses on my computer

Almightyfoon

First Post
character posted in RG

sorry it took me so long. some nasty system defender program tricked me into thinking i had multiple viruses on my computer

Yeah I see those every day at work (I do student tech support at my University). No worries. Thread should be posted this afternoon, got a few PM's to sort out first.

sappire07

First Post
Yeah I see those every day at work (I do student tech support at my University). No worries. Thread should be posted this afternoon, got a few PM's to sort out first.

is there an easy way to remove it manually? if not do you know of any free programs to remove it for me? iv tried several and all they do is tell me to register for 15$ a month and i don't want to waste 15$ just to remove 1 program.

Almightyfoon

First Post
is there an easy way to remove it manually? if not do you know of any free programs to remove it for me? iv tried several and all they do is tell me to register for 15$ a month and i don't want to waste 15$ just to remove 1 program.

Oh sure, theres plenty. First you'll need a clean USB drive and a working computer. Everything I mention is free to download and use.

Step 1. Google and Download rkill
Step 2. Google and Download Malware Bytes
Step 3. (personal preference) Google and Download Super Anti Spyware Portable scanner.

Load all of those onto the thumbdrive and plug it into said afflicted machine. Boot into safe mode, run rkill (a bit over kill in safe mode but its better to be safe) this will shut down any nasty programs in the background. Then, run Super anti spyware and let it clean things out. After that, install and run Malware Bytes. SAS -should- clear it out, but not always. Takes about 3 hours. bleepingcomputer.com has a guide on how to get rid of this too (basically what I told you sans SAS, I just like SAS is all.)

Anyways, IC thread will be up Tuesday, as I didn't get a chance to post today, and its really late. I promise.

Remove ads