• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of Highdale OOC

Ilium

First Post
Ok, I need specific action declarations from everybody. You guys have basically one round before something happens. Kay'nar is airborne and out of line of fire, as described. Everybody else is basically on the trail, in the line of the rockslide, assuming it breaks through the damaged Wall of Stone. Getting off the trail will put you immediately in rough terrain that costs double movement (unless you can make a DC20 balance check to skip along the tops of the tumbled rocks).

The fathachs are at the top of a 20-foot rise, approximately 15 feet to the left of the trail. There is a hairpin turn and steep rise in the trail on the far side of the wall leading back up to where the fathachs are.

To answer Fenris' question: None of the big guys looks especially like a caster, and you're pretty sure the guy with the big axe is in charge.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Ooh, I had imagined the scene differently. I thought we could be 'out of the way', as I assumed in post 123. If Alex doesn't Dim Door us, I'm going to be off the trail.

Shayuri

First Post
I can only take three people with me...2 if one of them is Max.

Ideally they should be people who can't avoid the slide in other ways.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Combine a +19 reflex save with improved evasion and a +8 Balance check and I would think that Blasco would have the best chances of making it through. If he is the one to ‘risk’ it, he will use one of his invisibility potions before he goes. Hopefully no one will be able to see him coming, I mean he does have a +29 Hide & +27 MS.

-Blood

Ilium

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Ooh, I had imagined the scene differently. I thought we could be 'out of the way', as I assumed in post 123. If Alex doesn't Dim Door us, I'm going to be off the trail.
You CAN be out of the way, but you will then be in Rough terrain (double movement cost, no charging, etc.). That's a fine choice, but I just want to make sure I understand clearly what everybody is doing. You guys have one round, I'd like definite actions posted in the IC thread, then I'll move on with the Ogres' action.

So far I have (I think):
Kay'nar flies up and readies an action to blast the leader (need the trigger for the readied action, presumably the start of the rock slide?)
Blasco drinks his invisibility potion and...(move action still available...move toward the Wall? move out of the path of the rocks? Draw a weapon?)

Girble: Tentatively stepping off the trail, unless Alex chooses to Dim Door him. So, holding action until after Alex, I suppose.
Lucas: ? (This is my fault as I will NPC him. I'll get an action together in a little bit)
Alex: ?

Last edited:

Ilium

First Post
Well let's count and you guys let me know if I miss anybody:

Alex
Alex's "friend" Max
Girble
Kay'nar (who's flying and presumably out of danger)
Blasco
Lucas
Viktor

So that's 7 creatures total. Kay'nar is safe, as is Lucas it turns out. I forgot about his boots of levitation, so his action for the round is levitating and drawing his wand of magic missiles. That leaves 5 in potential danger, including Max.

Shayuri

First Post
Sneaky question:

At caster level 9 I can take along 3 Medium sized creatures when I Dim Door.

Max is Large. Viktor is medium. Girble is Small.

Do a Large and a Small creature add up to "two Mediums?" :)

Ilium

First Post
Shayuri said:
Sneaky question:

At caster level 9 I can take along 3 Medium sized creatures when I Dim Door.

Sure, I'll buy that. Technically, the math doesn't work like that, but it's close enough.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Shayuri said:

That's hilarious. Girble would be quite indignant at this logic.

Remove ads