• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in COSQ: part 3

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Endur said:
The Sound of Thunder echoes down the corridor from behind the party of drow.

The Red Wizard winces at the sound, then turning to the Drow with a Beaming Smile on his face, "Let us make all haste to your Matron. I have an amazing offer to make her. An offer she will not refuse.

"Pay no attention to those cursed do-gooders behind us."

"Very well, but any damage they do comes from your hide if you've even the slightest to do with this."

Xael

First Post
Quertus ponders the destruction and general mayhem going on. He thinks of the possibility of teleporting to Ched Nasad to interrogate some of the Kobold or other survivors, but decides to leave that to later. He then tries to focus on the Gracklstugh (city?) to see if there are much dwarves left in there. There's always the possibility of "distraction"...

*How the hell I'm going to tell this to Matron... With Ched Nasad gone and Menzoberranzan in what seems like an open war, we need to make up a backup plan. Maybe I should visit Menzoberranzan. Later.*

OOC: It's probably too early for Kilcif, Kripp and Carcelon to have gotten to their destination, since the trip took a week. Right? Otherwise Quertus would scry them too.

Paxus Asclepius said:
"Very well, but any damage they do comes from your hide if you've even the slightest to do with this."
Zieggrek glances back and forth between Tierak, the Red Wizard, and the direction of "cursed do-gooders", awaiting Tierak's orders.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Zieggrek glances back and forth between Tierak, the Red Wizard, and the direction of "cursed do-gooders", awaiting Tierak's orders.

Tierak quickly signs to Zieggrak "They're already on alert, and I'd rather see what this Thayan has to say before charging blindly at them. Worst comes to worst, we can use him as cannon fodder. We'll get him to Matron Millithor, and warn her of them."

Endur

First Post
Quertus scries upon Kilcif, Kripp, and Carcelon and notices that they are but a few hours walk from their destination, the Lake of Shadows.

Scrying upon the Caravan, Quertus sees that the caravan is approaching a vast cliff in the Underdark. Flying humanoids (gargoyles?) seem to be flying along the cliffside in the currents. Quertus is uncertain how the caravan will manage to climb that escarpment.

As Quertus continues his scrying, he notices that Gracklstugh is still a bustling city of dwarves, although some of its streets are relatively empty. His scrying focus begins to steam, and melts until it is destroyed.

After mentioning the destruction of the scrying device to Solom Ned'razak, Solom mentions that an Ancient Red Dragon lives in Gracklstugh. The Dragon has often times done far worse to those who scry upon Gracklstugh.

Pyrex

First Post
Endur said:
Something comes.

Something large.

Something powerful.

Fighting to prevent fear from blossoming into panic, Carcelon takes refuge in the indignity of being chained to a rock and left as fishbait and calls out to the entity in the darkness;

"I have come, at the request of your emissary Kripp, to represent the priestesses of House Millithor. Is this the way you treat all of your invited guests?"

Paxus Asclepius said:
Tierak quickly signs to Zieggrak "They're already on alert, and I'd rather see what this Thayan has to say before charging blindly at them. Worst comes to worst, we can use him as cannon fodder. We'll get him to Matron Millithor, and warn her of them."
Zieggrek clenches and unclenches his killing claws to distract from his smaller pair of hands as he signs back, Yes, Tierak. Zieggrek will follow wise plan you have created.

Endur

First Post
The only answer is to Carcelon's question is the splashing of the waves. In the darkness, she is completely unable to see.

Then she feels something cold and slimy touch her face.

An image forms in her mind, of an obsidian rod topped with the skull of a human from the surface world. Words echo in her mind.

"Destroy the Skull atop the Wand and your access to divine power will be restored.

"Powerful enchantments protect the Skull. Only someone willing to sacrifice themself for the sake of another can destroy the Skull.

"You will see this Wand in Maerimydra before you die."

Endur

First Post
Tierak and Zieggrek return to the Matron with the Red Wizard. He bows and addresses Matron Ki'Willis in undercommon and drow.

"Matron Ki'Willis Millithor, I am Edwin Odesseiron of the Red Wizards of Thay. I find myself in possession of information that will please you greatly and cause you to progress in the eyes of the Spider Queen.

"Viconia DeVir, the heretical former priestess of Lolth who was sentenced to die by the Ruling Council of Menzoberanzan, is in the crypts above even as we speak. Surely she will make a great sacrifice for the Spider Queen.

"She has a few simpering do-gooder fools with her, who should not present any resistance to your powerful minions. They did manage to utterly annhilate the drow city of Ust Natha, slaying Marton Ardulace, a Balor, and the rest of the residents of the city, but I'm sure your minions can handle them."

Serpenteye

First Post
ooc: What does Ki'Willis know of the Child of Bhaal and his followers? Does she know that Irenicus managed to steal his divine spark, and does she believe that she might be able to re-create the process given enough time and resources?

Ki'Willis smiles, cold and mocking, and answers the Wizard in an indifferent tone. "What is the value of one lost priestess in these days of dissolusion? The Spider Queen has greater matters to concern herself with, as do I. I have little reason to waste my resources on this random encounter. You are the one who seems to have a vested interest in their destruction and you will have to offer me substantial compensation and assistance if you want me to slaughter these foes of yours."

The Matron gestures to an attendant to order all troops to high alert and to prepare to defend the Noble Level.

"Now, tell me more about this group. What are their strengths and weaknesses, their skill of arms and magic? The spells and items they use in combat? What tactics do they usually preferr?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads