• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in COSQ: part 3

Xael

First Post
Quertus ask Solom if this knows anything of the cliff where the caravan seems to be and/or about the Gargoyles there. After that he'll head to discuss the happenings of Ched Nasad and Menzoberranzan with Matron.

OOC: No idea about timeline anymore.

Endur

First Post
ooc: Everyone is on the same time right now, approximately one week after Kripp, Kilcif, and Carcelon left for the Lake of Shadows.

Kripp, Kilcif, and Carcelon arrived at the Lake of Shadows right after your scrying device malfunctioned.

Xael said:
OOC: No idea about timeline anymore.

Endur

First Post
Solom responds that the cliff is known as the Wailing Cliffs. The Shadow Dragon Glouroth makes his lair there. The Gargoyles are servants of Glouroth.

Before Dunneth Wharreil died, Glouroth served the Archmage of Maerimydra (Dunneth was once known as the Dragonlord) and participated in the revolt in Maerimydra.

Solom does not know what happened to Glouroth after Dunneil was slain.

Solom also tells Quertus that the Wailing Cliffs are a site of a magical confluence that disrupts planar travel into nearby planes. Teleport might function, but Shadow Walk and Ethereal Travel could have unpredictable effects, due to a confluence with the Shadow Plane.

Endur

First Post
The disembodied voice responds to Carcelon's question.

"When you see it, you will know the answers to all of your questions."

Endur

First Post
Matron Ki'Willis would have heard rumors that the hero of the Sword Coast, the human known as the Axebane has divine blood. Whether he is half-celestial, a Child of Bhaal, or something else, Ki'Willis would not know.

With regards to Irenicus, she would know very little, other than that the drow city of Ust Natha joined a human archmage named Irenicus on an assault on an city of surface elves. Irenicus was defeated and the drow were annhilated, most say the Axebane had something to do with that.

She does not know anything about Irenicus's plans to drain power from the Child of Bhaal, although Edwin probably knows a great deal.

Edwin responds to Matron Ki'Willis, "Sorry, I seem to have left my compensation behind.

"I just came on a courtesy visit to inform you of what was going to befall you."

ooc: he describes Minsc, Imoen, Nalia, Jaheira, Viconia, and the child of Bhaal. detailed descriptions later.

"I wish you luck. They are reputed to be very thorough on cleaning out every dungeon room. I suggest you take a vacation elsewhere. Its been nice meeting you, I'll be on my way now."

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: What an excellent non-answer. :) Now let's see if it's willing to put it's money where its mouth(ful of sharp, nasty, pointy teeth) is.

"As you are interested in seeing us destroy the wand, are you willing to aid us in doing so?"

Serpenteye

First Post
Endur said:
Edwin responds to Matron Ki'Willis, "Sorry, I seem to have left my compensation behind.

"I just came on a courtesy visit to inform you of what was going to befall you."

ooc: he describes Minsc, Imoen, Nalia, Jaheira, Viconia, and the child of Bhaal. detailed descriptions later.

"I wish you luck. They are reputed to be very thorough on cleaning out every dungeon room. I suggest you take a vacation elsewhere. Its been nice meeting you, I'll be on my way now."

"Not quite yet, mr Odesseiron."

"You are mistaken if you believe that my confrontation with your enemies is inevitable. I have no intention of initiating any agression towards them unless given sufficient reason to do so. And I do believe they will consider me the lesser of two evils once I have explained the situation. I am an enemy of the enemy of all life."

"If you want these individuals killed you will have to make an active contribution, this may be your best chance of getting rid of them. Do not underestimate the forces at my disposal or the defendability of my position. I am a far more formidable tactician than any of the enemies they have fought in the past."

Meanwhile as she's speaking she orders (in handtalk) the coffins to be brought up to the temple of Lolth and the Bebilith's to seal all but one of the entrances to the temple with webs. She orders that a summon be delivered to Solom. (She has already ordered all her forces to be brought to the Noble Level)

ooc: Diplomacy +24.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
The disembodied mental voice does not reply to Carcelon. Instead, the slimy cold flesh removes itself from her head.

The darkness lessens gradually and Carcelon begins to be able to make out a shape in the darkness. A giant eye, bigger than Carcelon, is staring at her from only a few feet away. She can not see the body in the darkness. Then it gets darker and she can not see the eye anymore.

The water roils as something massive moves in the lake.

After a minute, it clears enough for her to see again.

That Which Swims in Darkness is no longer anywhere in sight.

Elsewhere, The Claw returns to Kripp and smiles at him.

"The drow go to Maerimydra. The Lord says stay or go to Maerimydra. The Lord says that if you go, you will not return."

Endur

First Post
Edwin smiles an evil smile.

"I would like to see you explain the lesser of two evils to Minsc. I would love to see that.

"But, I'm afraid I have important business elsewhere. I have already been killed twice by that rodent-loving fool from Rashemen and I have no intention of dying a third time.

"I am not without pity for your situation however. I would be willing to divulge the nature of their quest in exchange for a small trifle. The smallest of trifles that your minion Solom owns. A book written by the scholar Kalamitus. The second volume of his Travels.

"I do not underestimate your tactical abilities. I am certain you are the most dangerous enemy the heroes face. Several Ancient Dragons, Archmages, Liches, and a Demi-lich might have disputed that with you, but they have all been destroyed so they are unable to argue the point."

Eilos Millithor came to the Matron and told her that Solom Ned'Razak said he was busy with a magical experiment and would be unable to come to the noble level at this time.

Last edited:

Remove ads