• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in COSQ: part 3

Endur

First Post
Part 3 of House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen

The OOC and Character Creation thread is here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53525

The IC thread the House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen in the playing the game forum is here:

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54053

For character background and the character sheets, see the House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen thread in the Rogues Gallery forum

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53660

part 2 of House Millithor in COSQ
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74423

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Velasta responds to Matron Ki'Willis.

"At any rate, I will not worry about anything you say to Dorina."

She releases a killing spell, a black wave of energy that strikes Matron Ki'Willis Millithor solidly. Everyone recognizes it as a "Slay Living" spell. The members of House Millithor watch in horror as Matron Ki'Willis fails to resist the spell and dies in front of them.

Or rather, they watch Matron Ki'Willis fail to resist the spell, but she does not fall to the ground.

Instead, negative energy seems to pulse across her body in the shadowy gloom. Her eyes are gone, they are just black holes of negative energy, sucking the life out of the air. Matron Ki'Willis looks truly terrible, a Queen of Death and Darkness.

Velasta gasps out, almost in shock, "By the Goddess, a Revenant!"

Serpenteye

First Post
Ki'Willis turns to Velasta, her empty eye-sockets radiating pure concentrated hatred. Her voice, in contrast is almost sweet. There is a chilling tone of satisfaction behind her words. She shakes her head slightly.

"Velasta dearest, you should not have done that."

"Subdue her, and bind her securely."

She strikes Velasta with the flail, to knock her out but not to kill.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Seeing this attack upon his new ally, Kripp pulls forth his Flesh Ripper Wand
<Ranged Touch (+9) No Save,Yes SR. 9D8 damage,double on crit.> and let's the Evil fly at the Drow Female who dared try and slay the Matron.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kilcif: Bugbear/Male (Barbarian/Ranger/Rogue)

Kilcif moves forward to grapple the smaller, and weaker, drow woman with little doubt he can pin her quickly and effectively.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Now that we've established that she's not a vampire...

Carcelon moves up to Velasta's side (leaving Kripp a clear line of fire) and rakes her with her scourge.

Endur

First Post
The Matron orders her servants to take Velasta. Kilcif and others charge forward.

Before the massive Bugbear can tackle Velasta, a black claw hurtles from Kripp's wand and strikes Velasta's left breast. The black claw plunges into and through her body. The claw holds Velasta's heart briefly before the claw returns to the nothingness from which it came.

Velasta's heart drops to the ground. Followed by the rest of her body. A soft, "No" escapes from her lips as she dies.

OOC: Torellan and the other surface raiders knew she wasn't a vampire. After all, she was playing in the snow in the sunshine.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Letting a sigh of regret escape his piscean lips, kripp mourns the waste of the Drow. It would have been such a better thing to properly sacrifice her, but she had moved so quick to attempt to slay the Matron.
Now her Soul launguished in the Abyss, if only on the wrong layer. Later, Kripp would have to attone in his own manner, as he always did when he wasted food that otherwise (as did all of creation) belong to He Who Swims In Darkness.

Turning to the Matron, Kripp awaited her reaction to his spell.

Endur

First Post
OOC: Current Conditions (Everyone is fatigued except the Matron)
Matron Ki'Willis-- Undead nature revealed to party
Carcelon: fully healed
Quertus: fully healed
Narcelia: still has 3 con damage and some subdual points
Marckarius: fully healed
Dariel: fully healed
Kilcif: fully healed
Krip: fully healed
Torellan: Missing, presumed (un)dead

Eilos Millithor (Lich): Missing?

Zedar T'sarran: dead
Velasta T'sarran: dead

Zedar's Dire Flail, Silver Ring, and gauntlets radiate magic. His armor was once magical, but is now destroyed.

Velasta's mithral chainmail, small steel shield, dagger, gold ring, wand, and cloak radiate magic.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Uriel said:
Turning to the Matron, Kripp awaited her reaction to his spell.

The Matron simply raises an undead eyebrow slightly, letting Kripp know that his lack of restraint somewhat displeases her but that the matter isn't important enough to warrant a more severe reaction. After all, Kripp is a valued ally, not a subject or an employee. A certain degree of independence can be tolerated.
She speaks an order, to noone in particular. : "Strip and dismember the corpse. I shall keep all magical items until they can be identified. After Szith Morcane is ours once again we can divide the treasure according to merit and prior agreement."

She looks at her allies, noticing the way some of them are looking at her. Her eyes, twin infinite voids of absolute darkness, find each of theirs in turn. A short moment passes, and she smiles. "Yes, Velasta spoke the truth in this one matter. I am undead, a revenant to be exact. I was slain in the temple of Lolth by a trap set by Irae Tsarran and the ghost of Alisannara Morcane brought me back. In doing so her soul merged with mine and her purpose and mine became the same. I am Alisannara Morcane, and Ki'Willis Millithor. I am the same, yet greater than ever, and I remain the ruler of both our Houses.
We have both, we have all, lost so much to the treachery of the Tsarrans. Now is the time to strike back, retake what is rightfully ours, and so much more. Szith Morcane is only the beginning..."

Last edited:

Remove ads