House of the Dragon v Lord of the Rings (poll)

Which one are you liking better?

• House of the Dragon

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • I haven't seen one or both of them

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I like/dislike them equally

Votes: 12 12.0%

Zardnaar

Legend
House of the Dragon best GoT since season 4.

BUT I've seen 4 episodes vs 2.5 so not strictly a fair comparison. I'm liking both. RoP is prettier liking the characters more in HotD.

As referenced earlier though might just be because of 4 vs 2.5 episodes.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I voted for HotD mostly because I can understand what's happening. RoP seems to be flailing about without much ado about anything. Could certainly change by the time both seasons have ended.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I’m not finding HotD compelling, the court politics are meh with Viserys making bad decisions, Otto grinning evilly, Rhyneris being petulant, Alicent being pretty and Dr Who just hamming up everything.

RoP has some intriguing plot lines being laid down, elf’s and dwarfs have clear cultural distinctions, the characters have some narratively reasonable motivations and there is enough mystery to compel further engagement to find out what’s coming next. I also think Harfoot culture may have convinced me to give halflings a chance

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
HoD is improving each episode, although it's not yet anywhere near Game of Thrones' heights, or even GoT season 1.

In many ways, Rings of Power feels not just more polished, but much more ambitious. Nothing has happened yet in House of the Dragon I couldn't have put on a bingo card before the season began. I have been repeatedly surprised and delighted by Rings of Power.

GreyLord

Legend
I put down I haven't seen either of them (because I haven't) but if we could have multiple choice I'd have chosen Lord of the Rings simply because I'm not a big GRR Martin fan.

Remove ads