House of the Dragon v Lord of the Rings (poll)

Which one are you liking better?

• House of the Dragon

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • I haven't seen one or both of them

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I like/dislike them equally

Votes: 12 12.0%

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As the shows go on, it's looking to me like there are two overlapping but actually distinct audiences. I'm not sure how I'd articulate the differences well -- the first descriptors that come to me are dismissive of both audiences, which is deeply unfair -- but I bet market research would show the folks who feel strongly about one of the shows but not the other have other differences that could then be marketed to.

Arilyn

Hero
I am enjoying RoP. I have not watched HoD. I started reading Game of Thrones shortly after publication in 1996. My daughters were young children then. I am now a grandmother and the series is still not finished. I watched the series on TV and mostly enjoyed it until the last season, which is pretty awful. I think I'm done with it, as I'm not even sure I'll read the end of the series, if it ever even gets completed. So even though it sounds like HoD is well done, I just can't.

Zardnaar

Legend
I am enjoying RoP. I have not watched HoD. I started reading Game of Thrones shortly after publication in 1996. My daughters were young children then. I am now a grandmother and the series is still not finished. I watched the series on TV and mostly enjoyed it until the last season, which is pretty awful. I think I'm done with it, as I'm not even sure I'll read the end of the series, if it ever even gets completed. So even though it sounds like HoD is well done, I just can't.

My wife was like that I put it on anyway and left it up to her to watch or not.

She liked it.

It's the best GoT season since 4.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I loved Sandman. Fingers crossed that Netflix doesn't cancel it after one season like they did "Dark Crystal."
Gaiman is saying on Twitter that the show is super-expensive and they will need stellar numbers for a second season. So everyone who likes it should finish the season, since that's one of the tracked metrics by the company.

Remove ads