How far do you travel to game?

How far do you travel to game?

• I don't travel: I just roll out of bed like a misshapen die

Votes: 85 29.7%
  • Less than 5 miles (or ~8 km): I would jog there if it weren’t for my low Con

Votes: 53 18.5%
  • 5 - 20 miles (8 - 32 km): Travel is not an issue when I got my horse...I mean car.

Votes: 63 22.0%
  • 20 - 50 miles (32 - 80 km): My party better use some of their treasure to pay for my gas!

Votes: 48 16.8%
  • 50 - 100 miles (80 - 160 km): I love gaming that much!

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • more than 100 miles (160 km): It's not bad, I teleport there.

Votes: 12 4.2%

Grim

First Post
We play at my friends house. Standing on my porch, i could throw a tennis ball and hit his house (if i was accurate) its not that far away. In fact, every person in the group could walk 5 minutes to get to where we play...

Hecatol

First Post
I travel from Seattle, WA to Norway twice a year to play. We've had the same group going for more than 12 years now, with pretty much the same PCs. Sure wish I had a local game in addition to this, though! :D

So what's a few thousand miles between friends?

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
I could really vote twice, but I'll just use my current situation to vote with. I used to have a pretty regular campaign to both play in and DM in, but times have changed, and now pretty much the only gaming I get done is with Fayredeth and Mark and several others up at Games Plus, which is about a 40 minute drive for me (more or less depending on traffic and the number of cops I see...lol. I usually cruise up I-355 at 70-80 MPH, so that does shave about 10 minutes off methinks)

If you'd rather, you can hop over to Batavia, where we'll hopefully have a game startingup soon. It's probably about the same drive (~25 mi.), only west on I-88.

R

Rubeus Hagrid

We play at my house. I literally turn my chair around from the computer to face the card table.

One of my players drives ~200 miles, though.

Holy Bovine

First Post
A2Z said:
I've got about a 35min. drive. I have to cross the US/CAN border though. :)

Has that gotten any better lately? re: wait times and searches?

One of my players is from Windsor as well (and I have two other friends from Ameliasburg).

Doc Century

First Post
Actually, most of my gaming takes place on-line these days. Just can't devote the full days of gaming like I used to!

"Glory days...They'll pass you by. Glory days!"

Doc

green slime

First Post
50 km (30 miles) on the E6. All of my players live in another city... So either they come to me or I drive into town.

It used to be worse though...

One of the players lived 50 km on the other side of town, and was a single parent.... So we all drove to him, a 100 km drive for me. No fun at 5 am, in the thick fog, I can tell you.

I must be mad.

Remove ads