How far do you travel to game?

How far do you travel to game?

• I don't travel: I just roll out of bed like a misshapen die

Votes: 85 29.7%
  • Less than 5 miles (or ~8 km): I would jog there if it weren’t for my low Con

Votes: 53 18.5%
  • 5 - 20 miles (8 - 32 km): Travel is not an issue when I got my horse...I mean car.

Votes: 63 22.0%
  • 20 - 50 miles (32 - 80 km): My party better use some of their treasure to pay for my gas!

Votes: 48 16.8%
  • 50 - 100 miles (80 - 160 km): I love gaming that much!

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • more than 100 miles (160 km): It's not bad, I teleport there.

Votes: 12 4.2%

Ziggy

First Post
All the friends I game with on a regular basis live in the same city, and we usually play at the home of the DM.

A friend of mine moved down south to Oslo (500 km), we try to get together at least one weekend a year playing Amber almost nonstop from Friday evening until Sunday. For these session we meet at the cottage of my parents-in-law, a 3-hour drive south of Trondheim.

.Ziggy

sotmh

First Post
Live in Denver, game in Colorado Springs (approx. 60 miles). The good thing is that we play on Sundays for 8 hours a stretch, so I'm not wasting gas.

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
I moved out of my home area about 5 years ago and since have travelled about 125 miles north to game with my old group at least every other week, havn't been able to fine anyone in my new area to game with....... :(

morpheous1777

First Post
live in colorado springs, game in colorado springs. i usually have to pick up a friend or two before we game, but thats about it. colorado springs has a large number of gamers, so its usually pretty easy to find a game nearby

Old One

First Post
I am the DM and we play at my place, but my players come from a pretty good distance away...

I have 2 that car pool and drive about 30 minutes, 2 that drive about 50 minutes and 1 that drives almost 2 hours each way! That is the kind of dedication that I like:D!

Old One

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I don't travel - I live in Austria's biggest city (close to 2 million inhabitants), and right next to a couple of major traffic points (?) at that. Besides, I'm the almost always the DM and we play at my place. :)

Lothaire

First Post
Well I wish I was gaming at the moment.

But back when I did so, we Larped at the Winter Garden (in the World Financial Center, in the WTC complex), and we played table top games at a LGS (Neutral ground). The winter garden was a two block walk from our school and Neutral ground was a 10 min train ride.

Of course school was a hour and a half commute for me.

Sometimes during the summer when we pulled all nighters we would do it at my friend's place, which was luckily only a 20 min bus ride from my place. Otherwise we would trek out to the LGS to play.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I rarely travel more than 15 to 20 miles to game. All the gaming group live in or near the same city, so it's easy to get together.

Remove ads