How far do you travel to game?

How far do you travel to game?

• I don't travel: I just roll out of bed like a misshapen die

Votes: 85 29.7%
  • Less than 5 miles (or ~8 km): I would jog there if it weren’t for my low Con

Votes: 53 18.5%
  • 5 - 20 miles (8 - 32 km): Travel is not an issue when I got my horse...I mean car.

Votes: 63 22.0%
  • 20 - 50 miles (32 - 80 km): My party better use some of their treasure to pay for my gas!

Votes: 48 16.8%
  • 50 - 100 miles (80 - 160 km): I love gaming that much!

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • more than 100 miles (160 km): It's not bad, I teleport there.

Votes: 12 4.2%

Sir Apropos

First Post
I'm the DM and don't have to travel but like Old one I have several people who are over 30 min away and one who makes a 2 hour one way trip every Friday for over a year now.

That's dedication.

Orco42

First Post
I drive over 100 miles when I DM.

It really sucks when none of my 8 players drive... and one lives about 40 miles away.

It was even worse when one was in college. Every Friday I would drive 360 miles just to get him and bring him back.

When I play I only drive about 80 miles because the group is much smaller.

Jezrael

First Post
Odd man out

I'm really the only one who has to drive any substantial distance in my group, around 25-30 miles. I should make them all start coming to my place!

A2Z

Explorer
Holy Bovine said:

Has that gotten any better lately? re: wait times and searches?

One of my players is from Windsor as well (and I have two other friends from Ameliasburg).

Well, the wait times aren't bad really. It's still a pain in the but to cross the border to game though. I can't seem to find any body in Windsor to game with. I have met one person through the WotC forums. We're trying to put together a group and not having much luck. Does your friend ever game in Windsor? Maybe he'd be interested. I don't want to take gamers away from you though. :) Maybe your friend knows other people around Windsor?

[Edited because I can't seem to put a sentence together]

Last edited:

Quickbeam

Explorer
A2Z said:

Well, the wait times aren't bad really. It's still a pain in the but to cross the border to game though. I can't seem to find any body in Windsor to game with. I have met one person through the WotC forums. We're trying to put together a group and not having much luck. Does your friend ever game in Windsor? Maybe he'd be interested. I don't want to take gamers away from you though. :) Maybe your friend knows other people around Windsor?

[Edited because I can't seem to put a sentence together]

I'm sure this can be quite tedious on those days/nights where you're just exhausted. If you ever need another group across the border, feel free to drop me a line. Heck, I'd wager that two or three of the guys I game with wouldn't mind making the occasional trip to Windsor for a change of pace and venue :) .

As for the original topic...
About 2/3 of the time we game at my house. I'm the only person in our group with a full-sized dining room table. Add to that, the fact that I keep the fridge stocked with lovely beverages, and that my wife will occasionally cook for our sessions -- well it's a no brainer!!

A2Z

Explorer
Hey Quickbeam. If you or any of your friends want to join a Windsor game let me know. There's me and one other guy here who would love to be able to game at least once in a while.

Holy Bovine: If you read this make sure you check my message above. It'd be nice to find some more Windsor gamers.

eXodus

Explorer
my game is so good that i have a player who happily drives over 45 billion miles to play.

ok, he actually only drives about 45 minutes, but still...:D

Kytess

First Post
eXodus said:
my game is so good that i have a player who happily drives over 45 billion miles to play.

ok, he actually only drives about 45 minutes, but still...:D

60,000,000,000 miles per hour? :eek:
Has he ever gotten a speeding ticket?:D

Remove ads