• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How far do you travel to game?

How far do you travel to game?

• I don't travel: I just roll out of bed like a misshapen die

Votes: 85 29.7%
  • Less than 5 miles (or ~8 km): I would jog there if it weren’t for my low Con

Votes: 53 18.5%
  • 5 - 20 miles (8 - 32 km): Travel is not an issue when I got my horse...I mean car.

Votes: 63 22.0%
  • 20 - 50 miles (32 - 80 km): My party better use some of their treasure to pay for my gas!

Votes: 48 16.8%
  • 50 - 100 miles (80 - 160 km): I love gaming that much!

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • more than 100 miles (160 km): It's not bad, I teleport there.

Votes: 12 4.2%

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Chairman_Kaga said:
About 6 feet...

Hey, it's good to be the king...or the Chairman as it were...

After I posted, I started reading back up the page. And then I noticed that someone quoted this post.:(

Our dear friend the Chairman has been dead for several years. He survived September 11th, and gave us all a running report of the hell he was witnessing that day, only to die in a car crash about 18 months later.

And as if that weren't bad enough, another person who posted in this thread hasn't been seen for some time. Holy Bovine was quite ill back in 2002. Last I heard was probably a year ago, and he was recovering from major surgery. But he has been silent for such a long time.

I guess that on Wednesday night at the EN World party at GenCon, we should all raise a glass to our lost friends, and Bjorn.:(

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
1 game - about 2 miles. The other one, about 20 miles, 45 minutes in Chicago traffic. For a long time I had three players coming to play in my campaign from Milwaukee - 90 miles. That's dedication.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Most of the regular campaigns I play in, as well as most of the one-shot games I play at my university gaming society's pizza and games night, are about forty-five minutes away from where I live by car (more if for some insane reason I'm trying to get across the Harbour Bridge into the city in rush hour).

Davelozzi

Explorer
My regular D&D game happens at my house, so I guess I could be a mishaped die, though most of the time we play on weeknights after work so I still have to get home first (13 miles). My players all come from within a 22 mile radius, though in rush hour, it can take an hour or more to get there for some of them.

Less regularly, I play one-shots or mini campaigns with friends from the boards here, about 40 miles / 50 minutes away, and this weekend I drove 60 miles for a game. I guess that's my record but I probably wouldn't do it for a game that was happening all the time.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Buttercup said:
And as if that weren't bad enough, another person who posted in this thread hasn't been seen for some time. Holy Bovine was quite ill back in 2002. Last I heard was probably a year ago, and he was recovering from major surgery. But he has been silent for such a long time.

Don't worry about Holy Bovine. I happen to know that he is alive and well and as annoying as ever. ;)

JoeGKushner

First Post
It's about fifteen miles.

I love my gaming group, but if I had another competent group closer to where I live, I'd be solely tempted to stay closer to home.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Psychic Warrior said:
Don't worry about Holy Bovine. I happen to know that he is alive and well and as annoying as ever. ;)

I'm really glad to hear it! Why don't you tell him to get his Holiness over to Nothingland next week? (It's down for repairs this week.)

jerichothebard

First Post
I generally drive from the San Francisco area out to Stockton or Folsom to game, which is either 90 minutes (Stockton) or 3 hours (Folsom). I have a player that flies down from Portland OR, though, to play in that same game.

pretty wide-spread group, actually.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads