How far do you travel to game?

How far do you travel to game?

• I don't travel: I just roll out of bed like a misshapen die

Votes: 85 29.7%
  • Less than 5 miles (or ~8 km): I would jog there if it weren’t for my low Con

Votes: 53 18.5%
  • 5 - 20 miles (8 - 32 km): Travel is not an issue when I got my horse...I mean car.

Votes: 63 22.0%
  • 20 - 50 miles (32 - 80 km): My party better use some of their treasure to pay for my gas!

Votes: 48 16.8%
  • 50 - 100 miles (80 - 160 km): I love gaming that much!

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • more than 100 miles (160 km): It's not bad, I teleport there.

Votes: 12 4.2%

glass

(he, him)
Now: No distance -we play at my flat (EDIT: Appartment to those across the pond). I voted as such.

When the question was originally asked: I was in the 50-100 mile category, but only about once every 6 weeks.

In between I was travelling to Stratford weekly, which is about 20 miles away. But, I went straight from work which was about halfway there already so it wasn't too bad.

glass.

glass

(he, him)
I also spent nearly eight hours in the car the other Saturday to see Coventry draw with Norwich. Not quite the same sort of game though. ;)

glass.

sniffles

First Post
jerichothebard said:
I generally drive from the San Francisco area out to Stockton or Folsom to game, which is either 90 minutes (Stockton) or 3 hours (Folsom). I have a player that flies down from Portland OR, though, to play in that same game.

pretty wide-spread group, actually.

Wow!! He flies all the way from Portland to SF? How often?

I voted 5 - 20 miles, although for me it's mostly below 5 miles. I have one GM who lives a bit farther away than that since he bought a house. We go out there every other week. The other two locations I game at are within a couple of miles.

We do have one player who drives 300 miles from Bellingham, WA to get to a Champions game, but that game occurs less and less frequently these days and he is less and less able to make the trip on a regular basis. :(

How do those who travel more than 30 miles manage with the high gas prices these days? Have any of you cut back due to budgetary constraints?

shaylon

First Post
I chose I don't travel.

We game at my house! It's great, for me. Actually I am pretty sure it is convenient for everybody. Most people have a bit of a drive to get to my place, but it is pretty central.

Sometimes I go to FLGS's, but they are within 15 miles.

Oh, and I go to Gencon which is about 135 miles. So I guess sometimes I travel.

-Shay

William Ronald

Explorer
Buttercup said:
After I posted, I started reading back up the page. And then I noticed that someone quoted this post.:(

Our dear friend the Chairman has been dead for several years. He survived September 11th, and gave us all a running report of the hell he was witnessing that day, only to die in a car crash about 18 months later.

And as if that weren't bad enough, another person who posted in this thread hasn't been seen for some time. Holy Bovine was quite ill back in 2002. Last I heard was probably a year ago, and he was recovering from major surgery. But he has been silent for such a long time.

I guess that on Wednesday night at the EN World party at GenCon, we should all raise a glass to our lost friends, and Bjorn.:(

Yes, and though I will not be there, I will raise a glass on Wednesday night as well to the memories of Chariman Kaga, Angelsboi, the Lone Corndog and Bjorn. Maybe we all should, to honor those friends whose memories still burn bright in our hearts.

As for the poll, I travel about 15 to 20 miles to Games Plus.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I'm in the 5 miles category AND I do jog there. But I'd be willing to walk as far as 15 miles or drive (if I had a car) as far as 100 miles, I really like my group.

I used to travel about an hour (40 miles of stop-and-go city traffic)

I have driven as far as 7 hours (400+ miles)

Now we play at my house, which is much better, since I invariably use a bunch of books.

Some of my players drive 50 miles (an hour and 15 minutes each way), but at least they can all carpool together.

Remove ads