• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many teachers on the boards?

With the beginning of a new school year fast approaching, I got to wondering how many of you out there are teachers? My group of 4 includes 3 teachers (myself included) and with the calender flipping over to August we're all starting to get a little depressed. So how many of you are heading back to school (as teachers) and what are you doing to enjoy the last few weeks of summer?

Christoph

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Despite my best judgement, I keep re-enrolling in college to become a teacher. I also keep dropping out.

I like to think I'll eventually perform the former without the latter.

Gothmog

First Post
I'm a professor of Biology and Neuroscience at Drury Univeristy in Springfield MO. The fall semester starts on Aug 24th, but I've also taught two summer courses: Neurobiology and Human Physiology. I'm keeping busy (and it pays well for summer classes), but it hasn't left much time for relaxing or gaming this summer. :\

Menexenus

First Post
I'm in the same boat as the original poster: my D&D gaming group includes 4 people, and 3 are teachers. And, yes, we are all mourning the end of summer, too. :)

Jdvn1 said:
I'm in college to become a teacher. :uhoh:

What area will you be teaching?

Teaching is a great job (and not just because you get summers off-but it helps:) The first year will likely be your worst. It starts to get easier after that. I think that I hit my stride in year three-so don't give up on it if your first year (or student teaching) slaps you around a little bit!

Remove ads