• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I6: Ravenloft (adapted to 3.x) - OOC Thread - CALLING MY PLAYERS!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I just wanted to apologize for Fenris's and my absence lately. My daughter had major surgery last Wednesday and while the surgery went really well, it's been a rough recovery. She is still home from school. Also, Fenris and I both got hammered with sinus infections from the stress! Crazy times I tell ya.

This week still looks very busy with us continuing to be sick and my daughter continuing to recover. We'll try to check in though as we can.

Thanks for being patient! We do love this game :)

Rhun

First Post
The last week has been pretty busy for me as well, so I don't think you've missed much. Still, thanks for letting me know. We'll keep the light on for you.

Rhun

First Post
[MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] - I understand from Renau1g that you are the master cartographer around these parts. I'm looking for some free / inexpensive mapping software for doing my PBP maps. One that is easy to learn/use, has grids available for combat, and can possibly utilize character tokens. He recommended that I ask you.

So, any suggestions?

industrygothica

Adventurer
[MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] - I understand from Renau1g that you are the master cartographer around these parts. I'm looking for some free / inexpensive mapping software for doing my PBP maps. One that is easy to learn/use, has grids available for combat, and can possibly utilize character tokens. He recommended that I ask you.

So, any suggestions?

MapTool from RPTools is free, has a grid toggle, and uses tokens (which can be made from the accompanying TokenTool. The easy to learn/use requirement can be iffy. One can either draw a map right into MapTool itself using the variety of drawing tools it comes with, or (and this is my preferred method) you can import maps done in another software (e.g.: Photoshop, or its free Open Source equivalent Gimp).

For help learning to use any of the above listed software, I highly recommend frequenting The Cartographers' Guild, which is where I learned to do what I do. You honestly won't find a better group of people on the 'net anywhere.

If you look through the any of the battle maps in my games, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Hope that helps!

-IG

Rhun

First Post
I may.

Next IC post will likely be tomorrow evening, and I should get a map added. It may be in Excel for now while I learn something else...but I guess the best way to learn something else is to just dive right in. So we'll see. :)

Remove ads