Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 0

Morgrym grunted as he was grabbed by the wyvern. “Lemme gae, ye filthy beasty! Ye’ll find I’m nae guid f’r yer digestion!” He grabbed the claws of the beast, trying to pry them apart to get free and back to good, solid ground, but it was futile.

OOC: Not sure if I get any bonus from the wyvern being blind.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Wisdom check: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
Move:
Action: Escape grapple: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 38/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 6/7/day

Conditions: Barkskin: +2 AC (290/300r); Entangle (23/30r)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Entangle*, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Morgrym grunted as he was grabbed by the wyvern. “Lemme gae, ye filthy beasty! Ye’ll find I’m nae guid f’r yer digestion!” He grabbed the claws of the beast, trying to pry them apart to get free and back to good, solid ground, but it was futile.

OOC: Not sure if I get any bonus from the wyvern being blind.
OOC:
By the rules, no. It is already holding you - no need to see you :)
And with only +4 you cannot escape with 23 being a max.

You have another action I believe? 1st one was when wyvern grabbed you and got hit by tanglefoot. Another now that it is flying away.
MetaVoid suggested you throw The Binder down to take attention from yourself.
I suggest you stab the wyvern and hope we get it down before it flies high enough to kill you. First one is probably better.

Archon Basileus

First Post
[True. Morgrym gets a second action. I'd rather see it unfold before moving on, since it might change the way the battle goes. After this, we resume initiative order as it was. Also, Morgrym's grappled by the shoulders, being able to attack, cast and fight the grapple as usual.]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Falling down from the failed jump after the wyvern, Marius hurries to occupy the attention of the attackers. Moving into position, he ends up slamming the snake warrior with jump kick harsh whisper accompanying the kick like all his attacks.

[sblock=Draconic]
"Dragon pounces on its prey"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]

Move to AE 17 (40' speed going 'under' Hagadark)
Standard: Attack vs AF16; damage: 1D20+7+2 = [10]+7+2 = 19
1D6+6 = [5]+6 = 11

[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 2

Morgrym growled in annoyance at being unable to escape from the beast’s claws. “Shoot the damn bluidy thing!” he yelled down at his companions. He didn’t think he would be able to get a spell off, so he did the best thing he could. He yanked the cursed dagger out of his armor and stabbed at the wyvern, to no avail.

Then he let the dagger fall. Time to play cat and mouse. Hopefully Marius would be able to get to it before some lizard did.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move: Draw dagger
Action: Dagger attack and damage: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7
1D4+2 = [3]+2 = 5

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 38/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 6/7/day

Conditions: Barkskin: +2 AC (289/300r); Entangle (22/30r)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Entangle*, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

Hagadark roars in frustration before lowering down his arms and quickly pulling out his newest creation, powerful mix of fire and acid. Or at least he starts to before realizing the beast will fly away with the dwarf in he doesn't do anything smarter. Thus, he pulls out his most expensive weapon - same tanglefoot bag as before, but with added twist. The tar inside is specially prepared to burn on hit, just like a fire flask would.

The best they could hope for is entangled wyvern. The worst, it will burn as long as it is flying as it couldn't extinguish itself in the air.

Again pulling away from the warriors next to him, he lobs another bag at the wyverns retreating wings, trying to time it so it hits when the wings are down. Sticky thing explodes between the wings which smear the mass on their upstroke. Delicate membranes of the wings catch fire and great beast plummets from the sky carrying Mourgrym with it. It crashes in the great plum of dust obscuring confused creatures fighting each other.

Great shaman shouts at the beast, probably surprising Marius in the process
[sblock=Draconic]
"You're not going anywhere, old one. I am sorry, but your greed is your downfall."
[/sblock]

OOC:
Short story: takes 4 fire damage; entangled (crit fail save) and falls taking 13 fall damage; on its turn burns for 6 more and fails to extinguish it (assuming it tries); second round (if it is still alive) takes 2 more fire damage and extinguishes itself

Total for this round: 13 crush +4 fire
On its next turn 6 fire

I just used up my most expensive weapon, you all owe me new one :)

[sblock=Actions]
Move: 5' step
Standard: Tangleburn bag; fire damage: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12;1D6 = [4] = 4
Hit with Tangleburn bag[/roll]
[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=174737]Ref Save DC 20 or burn!!: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
- wyvern BURNS!!
Assuming it can extinguish itself
Extinguish flames Ref DC 25 round 1; round 2: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13
1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
- success on the second round
Fire damage round 1; round 2: 1D6 = [6] = 6
1D6 = [2] = 2
- takes additional fire damage

Ref Save DC 15 or FALL!!: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7 - CRIT FAIL!!! YES! My unluck works against the wyvern! :)
Fall damage wyvern: 3D6 = [5, 5, 3] = 13 - for 30' :) [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], Mourgrym falls with the creature, sorry :(

NOW I FEEL EPIC :p

[/sblock]

Seeing Klutha and Ho-og dispatch the caster, archers shift their aim toward the warriors harassing their shaman. But they are as efficient as before. Howling in fury, they drop javelins and bows and charge into the fray.

[sblock=Archers]
Archers vs WC at AF 16: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15
1D6+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
1D6+4 = [5]+4 = 9

[/sblock]

Klutha takes a deep breath, thinking if she's too wounded to risk another fight especially for the pink-skin who's crazy enough to fight without weapons or armor. But her shaman is there too and he lead them true. And all are alive - even if Thug-Face biter is possessed by some ancient spirit.

She moves around the monk on the safe distance from his so he doesn't react as if she's attacking. She comes from the side, her thrust true and the warrior is on it's last legs (12 damage)

[sblock=Actions]
Move: AG 17
Standard: Klutha vs WC at AF 16; damage: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
1D10+4 = [8]+4 = 12

[/sblock]
Ho-og looks around. Too close to really charge, he moves into melee swinging, but the sword deflects badly from random movement of the warrior next to him (crit miss) and the blade sparks on the stone.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: flank with Klutha
Standard: Ho-og vs WC at AF 16; damage: 1D20+6+2 = [1]+6+2 = 9
1D10+4 = [8]+4 = 12

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
The arcanist who had unleashed fire lifted her hands again. Flames licked up along her arms from inside her robe and played around her fingertips in leaping, cavorting sparks. She incanted again, her voice louder and with a strange gutteral undertone.

Flames again spewed from her hands, twisting and twining into a single tightly contained blaze that blasted out with such force that it pushed the spellcaster back a step, threatening her aim.

Fortunately the wyvern was a big target!

Realizing, perhaps belatedly, that she was probably now a popular target, she then ducked back behind the rocks to get cover from retaliatory attacks!

Scorching Ray and PBS: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12
4D6+5 = [5, 6, 6, 6]+5 = 28

(I think a 12 does hit the wyvern's touch AC for a craaaaaaapton of damage :))

Remove ads