If you could create a brand new d20 game...

Stormborn

Explorer
Manapunk has always been my dream setting. But no DnD sacred cows! No standard fantasy tropes!

Thus I would take d20 Modern with a Skill Base magic system (likely EOM: Mythic Earth) + d20 Future rules for mutations (for manna mutants) and cyberware (for Golemgrafts)+ Grafts from Lords of Madness etc.+Eberron dragonshards and resultant tech (possibly in combo with at least the flavor of Iron Kingdoms mechanika but not the rules)+ Grim Tales to add in some fantasy Talents and Feats from 3.5 + my own golemtech rules.

Along with that I need non-standard races (likely do it myself).

I want:
An Insect race - which I have some interesting ideas for already, and the mechanics I think I need.
A Plant Race - again I have some ideas, some possibility but nothing solid yet.
A Construct Race - maybe warforged, maybe Ironborn, maybe soemthign else.
An amphibious race - lizard like or frog like I don't know.
An avain race - maybe the one from Races of the Wild.
Humans.
Mutants.

Lovecraftian horrors+evil corporations vs. ancient noble orders reduced to the level of street gangs and cults. I want stark evil but I want the heros to have a noble and powerful good that drives them to seek change.

Last edited:

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Stormborn said:
... for mana mutants ...

(spelling corrected)

That gives me an idea. The hard part of learning to use magic is not learning how to cast spells. Casting spells is easy. The hard part is learning how to safely handle mana. The more you want to do with your magic, the more mana you need to use; and the more mana you need to use, the more dangerous it gets.

One can learn how to handle greater and greater amounts of mana with greater experience. But, using mana is tiring, and with fatigue comes mistakes. One can also use greater amounts of mana than one is trained or experienced in using, but again it is dangerous. When one uses mana while tired, or more mana than one is really equipped to handle bad things happen. Changes occur in the user. A small part of these changes beneficial, a small part neutral, the great majority malign.

Feel free to develop this further. :D

Remove ads