D&D 5E IG's "It's a Brand New World" [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Given enough time and assistance, Garrison and the team will eventually be able to right the cart and repair most of the damages (seems like I said somewhere that the wheel was broken, but I can't remember and I don't feel like looking it up right now). J'hanna maintains a stoic silence and the casket containing her departed friend is righted, and his corpse returned to a respectful position.

The late afternoon sun still hangs high in the otherwise clear sky. Now that the commotion is finished, and eerily peaceful silence fills the air.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"It should be possible to continue for a while, and find somewhere nicer -- more defensible -- for the evening. Another few hours?" he suggests. While Nissa gets the cart stored, Garrison ties one of the horses to the back of the cart (unless someone wants to ride it?), and rides the other himself (and can give a ride to another if that's desired). Hell continue along the main path, leading the way for the cart and keeping an eye out for further ambushes. When it becomes dark, he'll help set up camp and offer to take the first shift.

As they travel, Garrison turns to Nissa. "Something is clearly bothering you. Can you tell me what it is?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The massive half-orc looks at Nissa. Beneath his protruding brow dark eyes peer as if trying to understand. A small tusk idly bites at his lower lip. After a moment he speaks, "I am no expert in these matters, but I am often called monstrous because of my appearance. You all kindly do not refer to me as such, whatever you feel or believe. Appearances do not define who we are, and, surprisingly, actions do not either. It is intentions that matter. Only intentions. Are your intentions monstrous, Nissa? They do not seems so to me."

He pauses for a moment, reaching out to scratch the horse behind its ears. "You offered a healing potion to relieve this animal's suffering. That tells me about your intentions. You transferred items from that ruined cart to our own, and you did not think about keeping that goblet for yourself, in your pack, rather than in the common store. That tells me about your intentions. We travel together, and we help each other. By working at it, we ensure that we are not the monsters."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I do not understand. Why should we then judge you based on the actions of "something else"? My thoughts of you depend on what you do control, not what you do not. You should accept that."

Garrison wants to be helpful, but he does not understand what is driving this self-recrimination. The horse walks on.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Nissa shies away from the half-orc and tries to answer Maighan, "I am cursed. When I was a child, I would change into a monstrous thing when provoked. I thought I'd cured myself with an elixir but it doesn't work any more. Its why I was forced to leave Blackthorne Academy."

Remove ads