Immortal's Handbook continuation thread

Hi DarkElven mate! :)

DarkElven said:
Freelancer AND the Immortal Handbook!

Hell will freeze over in March. :D

...and dare I say about bloody time too! :p

DarkElven said:
And dont go telling me that hell has a frozen layer. Thats not the part I mean. :p

Or even two frozen layers. ;)

DarkElven said:
P.S. Well my family and friends have gone through an extremely trying time in the past series of months, which contributed in a large part to me not harrassing you about the IH for a while. No jokes on this now, its a very tragic issue. :(

I remembered the bad news you mentioned in your last email all those months ago which was why I sought to ask if everything was well.

If you need someone to chat to mate you know where to find me.

Hi Knight Otu mate! :)

Knight Otu said:
Be careful where you put this weapon ... claw ... whatever ... thing... ;)

:D

Don't worry the previous example was an extreme case. ;)

Knight Otu said:
Is your FAQ ready?

Probably (I have been concentrating on another element of the work these past few days); but give me a few days. :cool:

Gez

First Post
Hallo, mein gut Freunde,

Upper_Krust said:
Don't worry the previous example was an extreme case. ;)

After all your rants on how the possibility of interaction was important, and that how the immune-to-anything deities from D&Dg were boring and unusable because of that, this had better be a joke, indeed ! :D ;)

Oh, and zboing!

Gez said:
Hallo, mein gut Freunde,

You're teasing me now are'nt you. :p

Gez said:
After all your rants on how the possibility of interaction was important, and that how the immune-to-anything deities from D&Dg were boring and unusable because of that, this had better be a joke, indeed !

Absolutely, but you also know that the IH scales up to Gamesmaster. ;)

Gez said:
Oh, and zboing!

Appreciate the love mate! :D

Question about the Revised Core Rulebooks

Hi all! :)

What are your opinions about updating the Immortals Handbook print version with any pertinent Revised Core Rulebook material?

Obviously the pdfs will be released (hopefully long) before the Revised Core Rulebooks, but the print version probably won't be released until shortly after them.

Any thoughts?

poilbrun

Explorer
Re: Question about the Revised Core Rulebooks

Upper_Krust said:
Hi all! :)

What are your opinions about updating the Immortals Handbook print version with any pertinent Revised Core Rulebook material?

Obviously the pdfs will be released (hopefully long) before the Revised Core Rulebooks, but the print version probably won't be released until shortly after them.

Any thoughts?
Point of view 1 : it would be great, since I will probably use D&D 3.5, this way I won't have to convert the IH from D&D 3.0 to D&D 3.5

Point of view 2 : that would suck, since D&D 3.5 may suck, and I may not use it, which means I'll have the trouble of converting the IH from D&D 3.5 to D&D 3.0

Point of view 3 : the problem with this is, what will you do if WotC announces another book after the revised books that might have an impact on the IH? Will you wait for it to be released in the SRD, or will you release the printed version of the IH that would not be compatible with that book? I think a line needs to be drawn to know how long you wait to release the book, but unfortunately, I believe you will see several different point of views and you'll have to draw that line yourself.

My real opinion would be point of view 1. ;)

Gez

First Post
Re: Question about the Revised Core Rulebooks

Hello,

Upper_Krust said:
You're teasing me now are'nt you. :p

Was ? Nein ! Absolutely not, I just try to avoid the blandness of repetition.

Upper_Krust said:
What are your opinions about updating the Immortals Handbook [/]print version with any pertinent Revised Core Rulebook material?

Of course that seems a good idea, having the book the most compatible possible with the latest edition, however...

Upper_Krust said:

Are you sure ? I thought they would release the revised SRD before any additional material -- notably in the hope of revising the material in D&Dg and ELH so that it is in line with the new rules. Things like damage reduction and energy resistance, for example, have changed.

Knight Otu

First Post
Soll ich Gez korrigieren? :D

Since I am planning for the print version, as I already said, I would like it to be consistent with R3E. I like much of what I see of Revised. :)

Gez

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Soll ich Gez korrigieren?

Jawohl. Ich schreibe Deutsch ganz falsch. Und mein sprecht ist schlechter ! :D

I think the above don't really make sense. At least, ich kann kleinen texten reden und understanden. Kleinen texten.

Remove ads