• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
I also enjoyed the next video on the list - How Big is the Earth. Some of those larger stars are MASSIVE! :eek:

If Earth was the size of a fair sized mountain, Antares would be the size of the Earth. Boggling!

...oh, and don't worry. You'll be able to blow up planets when I release the Grimoire. ;)

Ha, like you'll ever release the grimoire. :p

Edit:
This isn't particularly meaningful, I just wanted to show off this picture of a monster I found.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/bookwrack/1eva116.jpg

Last edited:

Eversius

First Post
Quick question, UK. Can monstrous gods give themselves the ability to wield objects like a humanoid, like altering their manifestation into a more anthropomorphic shape?

Hiya mate! :)

Anabstercorian said:
If Earth was the size of a fair sized mountain, Antares would be the size of the Earth. Boggling!

Are you sure about that? The difference looked a bit more pronounced.

Anabstercorian said:
Ha, like you'll ever release the grimoire. :p

Cheeky scamp! :p

Anabstercorian said:
Edit:
This isn't particularly meaningful, I just wanted to show off this picture of a monster I found.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/bookwrack/1eva116.jpg

Very cool indeed. You don't know what anime thats from do you? I would hazard Neon Genesis Evangelion but I have never seen that show myself although its the only one I know with a purple mech.

Hi Eversius dude! :)

Eversius said:
Quick question, UK. Can monstrous gods give themselves the ability to wield objects like a humanoid, like altering their manifestation into a more anthropomorphic shape?

I'm not sure why they would bother, most gods take on a shape they are comfortable with and stick with that.

Most can certainly shapechange in some capacity, so if it was really necessary theres no reason why they couldn't do it.

What exactly had you in mind?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
Very cool indeed. You don't know what anime thats from do you? I would hazard Neon Genesis Evangelion but I have never seen that show myself although its the only one I know with a purple mech.

There's no doubt that that's supposed to be from Evangelion, but oddly enough, I don't recognize the monstrous opponent it's facing. I've seen the entire series, including the movies, more than once, but that thing seems to be new. My only guess is that that's either from a manga, novel, or video game, or it's just a fan-made pic.

U_K!
Got a question about monday's coming release:
In your powers section, are you going to have power-equivalents to all the powers possessed by creatures in the Bestiary?
If you needed "filler" powers, that may be where to start. Also if you need more divine abilities, consider "uber" versions of epic feats. (Like an uber fast healing feat if you don't already have it)
Oh, I didn't get much sleep last night, but I came to a conclusion: *Drumroll* Nexus Dragons would make great pets if they wern't so darn big. (Or drive you mad or nullify your soul) :)

Eversius

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hi Eversius dude! :)

I'm not sure why they would bother, most gods take on a shape they are comfortable with and stick with that.

Most can certainly shapechange in some capacity, so if it was really necessary theres no reason why they couldn't do it.

What exactly had you in mind?

A transcendental tarrasque. :lol:

I was thinking of using an advanced tarrasque as the demiurge, but I'll have to wait and see what becomes of Ascension.

U_K!
Hows the cover painting coming?
You said you were working at about 60x40 cm, which, atleast once you are done, makes for a nice painting to hang up. (Assuming you don't just do it all in photoshop, though from the look of your work, I think you do alot of it by hand)
Also, which chapter goes on the chopping block after chapter 4? I was helping a friend convert a character to your system (Demi deity of archery :) ECL 80). Feats and levels and stats are done, items I think are done, he does have 4 divine slots, but those will be filled once Ch 4 is done. Is the chapter on Portfolios next?
Also, is there a limit to converting Divine ability slots into feats? I haven't seen your divine or cosmic abilities yet, but a demi deity pileing on 24 more Metamagic Capacity feats would give spellcasters a rediculous edge over fellow deities. Of course, at high end play, Alter Reality becomes a Deities best friend. (BTW, since Wizards instituted the Swift and Immediate variety of free actions, does your Alter Reality fall under either, or is just usable on your own turn?)
I hope things are going well with said cover, just so the publishers get off your back. :)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hiya mate! :)

Howdy do!

Upper_Krust said:
Are you sure about that? The difference looked a bit more pronounced.

Quite sure. I did the math. If Antares were the size of the earth, the Earth would be about 2 km across.

Upper_Krust said:

It is, in fact, a fan made design for an NGE Angel. A dude won a contest and the artists drew it for him.

Fieari

Explorer
Eversius said:
A transcendental tarrasque. :lol:

I was thinking of using an advanced tarrasque as the demiurge, but I'll have to wait and see what becomes of Ascension.
Are you thinking along the lines of Blackdirge's "God Eater" or my "Lavos", in terms of being closer to the theme behind the idea?

Err, that is to say, does it fill the role of a malevolant big monster for other "big guns" to worry about, or an impassive force that happens to be there (but is still dangerous)?

Remove ads