• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Eversius

First Post
Fieari said:
Are you thinking along the lines of Blackdirge's "God Eater" or my "Lavos", in terms of being closer to the theme behind the idea?

Err, that is to say, does it fill the role of a malevolant big monster for other "big guns" to worry about, or an impassive force that happens to be there (but is still dangerous)?

I must admit, your take on Lavos was quite an inspiration.

As for the role of such a creature, it's supposed to be one hell of a "malevolent big monster", to say the least. The beast that spells Armageddon for the universe when it awakens. It's a shame I can't go over 998 HD with the Demiurge template. :p

Oi Alzrius dude - is Neon Genesis Evangelion worth acquiring/watching?

Hey Ltheb matey! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
U_K!
Got a question about monday's coming release:
In your powers section, are you going to have power-equivalents to all the powers possessed by creatures in the Bestiary?

I imagine I certainly have at least 90% of those powers covered, although some may well be listed under different names.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
If you needed "filler" powers, that may be where to start. Also if you need more divine abilities, consider "uber" versions of epic feats. (Like an uber fast healing feat if you don't already have it)

I won't take that approach. To me its cheating. If something is simply a stacked version of a weaker ability or feat then its unworthy of inclusion in the book.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Oh, I didn't get much sleep last night, but I came to a conclusion: *Drumroll* Nexus Dragons would make great pets if they wern't so darn big. (Or drive you mad or nullify your soul) :)

:D

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
U_K!
Hows the cover painting coming?

Slowly (I have been dividing my time between it and Ascension).

I can't imagine I'll have it finished for Monday, however, I will still spend Monday itself working on Ascension.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
You said you were working at about 60x40 cm, which, atleast once you are done, makes for a nice painting to hang up.

Not exactly. My board wouldn't allow for it, so its 48 x 36 (thats off the top of my head, but something along those lines). US Letter size is more 4x3 than 3x2 anyway.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
(Assuming you don't just do it all in photoshop, though from the look of your work, I think you do alot of it by hand)

The only thing I do in photoshop is join the scans together - although its useful for making the lightning look better too.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Also, which chapter goes on the chopping block after chapter 4?

Chapter 3 - if by 'chopping block' you mean which will I be doing...?

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I was helping a friend convert a character to your system (Demi deity of archery :) ECL 80). Feats and levels and stats are done, items I think are done, he does have 4 divine slots, but those will be filled once Ch 4 is done. Is the chapter on Portfolios next?

Yes.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Also, is there a limit to converting Divine ability slots into feats? I haven't seen your divine or cosmic abilities yet, but a demi deity pileing on 24 more Metamagic Capacity feats would give spellcasters a rediculous edge over fellow deities.

I would generally limit it to 1 such feat per 2 Hit Dice/Levels.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Of course, at high end play, Alter Reality becomes a Deities best friend. (BTW, since Wizards instituted the Swift and Immediate variety of free actions, does your Alter Reality fall under either, or is just usable on your own turn?)

I'll have to check that out, darn Swift Actions indeed! :p

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I hope things are going well with said cover, just so the publishers get off your back. :)

It looks good, I have the perspective in place and all the major figures done, I don't have all the detail drawn yet though, so 'painting' has not yet commenced as such, but thats usually less time consuming than the drawing itself.

One thing I was worried about was that in making the perspective too severe, the main characters become very small, so the perspective is just about pronounced enough to make a difference.

thundershot

Adventurer
I printed out and read Ascension. The ENStore says it's been updated since I downloaded it, yet I don't notice a difference....

Also, when the next version comes out, can you tell me which pages were updated so I know which to print out? (unlikely, but worth a shot)

Can't wait! Oh, and I'd rather you delay the following update 20 days if it means you getting the cover done. I want these books in print, man!

Chris

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
Oi Alzrius dude - is Neon Genesis Evangelion worth acquiring/watching?

It's always difficult answering questions of "is X anime good?" because the question is relative; different people will like different things. I personally enjoyed the series because of the high degree of characterization, the existential themes, and the fact that I could personally relate to the main character (Shinji). Your mileage may vary, however.

Evangelion has been referred to as the single best anime of the 1990's. I don't know if that's true or not, but it does seem to certainly merit the title. While it may seem to be another "mecha versus monsters" anime, that's just the surface. It is, in fact, far deeper, dealing with universal themes of why people treat each other the way they do, why everyone feels intrinsically lonely, and self-discovery. It's characters are also notable in that they come off as actual people, instead of merely conveying various archetypes. The religious subtext of the series is used to further underline the esoteric nature of what's happening, and how it ultimately affects everyone (which becomes more literal as the series progresses).

Having said that, my opinion is that the series is absolutely worth watching, and acquiring. It's truly epic in both scope and presentation, and does exceptionally well in telling a powerful story that ultimately has meaning for us all. If you haven't seen it yet, I definately recommend doing so.

Zoatebix

Working on it
...Just skip the last episode and all of the movies ;) They will spoil the whole experience. If you want to have fond memories of Evangelion do yourself a favor wonder about how fabulous the ending could be for the rest of your life :p

Hi thundershot! :)

I presume you sw the new Transformers movie pics of the Autobots...?

thundershot said:
I printed out and read Ascension. The ENStore says it's been updated since I downloaded it, yet I don't notice a difference....

It hasn't been updated since you downloaded. I'm telling you exactly when its being updated.

thundershot said:
Also, when the next version comes out, can you tell me which pages were updated so I know which to print out? (unlikely, but worth a shot)

You know, eventually probably all those pages will see changes, so I wouldn't advocate printing things out at this stage unless you have access to free paper and printing ink?

thundershot said:
Can't wait! Oh, and I'd rather you delay the following update 20 days if it means you getting the cover done. I want these books in print, man!

Well no matter how fast I get the cover done the book won't be released before October. But I appreciate the interest nonetheless. ;)

Impeesa

Explorer
I... I started playing World of Warcraft one day. I stopped reading message boards, since it sucked up all the spare time I used to do that with. Losing my connection to the outside world, I lost all sense of time. With the Worship Points System released, I can only presume that the life I left behind is long since gone. Tell me, do you remember me? What year is it? And if we hold the WPS in our hands, can it be read by our brave men and women on the Mars base as well (I'm assuming we have one by now)? Thanks,

--Impeesa--

Howdy stranger! :)

Impeesa said:
I... I started playing World of Warcraft one day. I stopped reading message boards, since it sucked up all the spare time I used to do that with. Losing my connection to the outside world, I lost all sense of time.

I hear Warcraft can do that to you! ;)

Impeesa said:
With the Worship Points System released, I can only presume that the life I left behind is long since gone.

Hell hath indeed frozen over and pigs do fly.

Impeesa said:
Tell me, do you remember me?

I don't even remember yesterday - who are you again!? :p

Impeesa said:
What year is it?

2026, we are just getting ready for the launch of 6th edition D&D.

Impeesa said:
And if we hold the WPS in our hands, can it be read by our brave men and women on the Mars base as well (I'm assuming we have one by now)? Thanks,

Well I changed the name to Immortals Handbook: Ascension just to confuse people.

Unfortunately Mars was destroyed by a Neutronium Golem.

thundershot

Adventurer
Upper_Krust said:
Hi thundershot! :)

I presume you sw the new Transformers movie pics of the Autobots...?

Pics of the Autobots, as well as pics of several robot modes and movie toy prototypes. Seeing all of that made up for the fact that I'll have to wait until mid-September to see Thor kick ass in CIVIL WAR #4!

It hasn't been updated since you downloaded. I'm telling you exactly when its being updated.

I didn't think so. It was just weird that the ENShop said it was.

You know, eventually probably all those pages will see changes, so I wouldn't advocate printing things out at this stage unless you have access to free paper and printing ink?

Yeah, I know. I was going to do some editing for you. I suppose I could continue the red-pen treatment on the copy I have now, and compare with the next one, and submit what I have to you. I'd love to help out! It's easy to miss things when you've got 10 things on your plate, and the meatballs are rolling away. :D

Well no matter how fast I get the cover done the book won't be released before October. But I appreciate the interest nonetheless. ;)

Better October than November, though, right? :D

Thanks!
Chris

Remove ads