• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Middle of...Somewhere [OOC Thread]

Legildur

First Post
stonegod said:
Thanks Stonegod.

AMG, I've got two feats from PHBII I would like to use for my Rogue:

[sblock=Dead-eye Shot]Prereq: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, BAB +4, sneak attack or skirmish ability.
Benefit: Use Ready action to fire ranged weapon when opponent struck in melee by ally. Opponent then has no Dex bonus to AC against that shot.[/sblock][sblock=Crossbow Sniper]Prereq: Weapon Focus (any crossbow), BAB +1.
Benefit: Add half Dex bonus to damage and range for Sneak Attack extended to 60ft for the crossbow with which you take Weapon Focus.[/sblock]

Alright, here's a first pass on the sorcerer

Valmun Ourigan

[sblock]
Valmun Ourigan
Medium-size Male Human
Sorcerer 6
Chaotic Good
Hit Dice: (6d4)+6
Hit Points: 22

Abilities
STR 8 (-1)
DEX 14(+2)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 11 (+0)
WIS 9(-1)
CHA 21 (+5)

Initiative: +2
Speed: Walk 30 ft
AC: 12 (17 w/shield spell and cat’s grace)
Flatfooted: 10
Touch: 12
BAB: +3
Attacks: Heavy Mace (Masterwork) +3, Hvy Crossbow (Masterwork) +6, Ranged Touch +7
Damage: Heavy Mace (Masterwork) 1d8-1, Hvy Crossbow(Masterwork) 1d10
Vision: Normal
Saves: Fortitude: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4

Feats: Weapon Focus (Ranged Spells), Ranged Spell Specialization, Sudden Extend, Sudden Maximize
Skills (27 skill points)
Concentration (CON) 9 ranks +10
Bluff (CHA) 9 ranks +14
Spellcraft (INT) 9 ranks +9

Spells
Cantrips(6 per day, DC 15): Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Mending, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
1st level (7 per day, DC 16): Lesser Orb of Acid, Shield, Magic Missile, Charm Person
2nd level (6 per day, DC 17): Protection from Arrows, Scorching Ray
3rd level (4 per day, DC 18): Ray of Exhaustion

Magic Items
Cloak of Charisma +2 (4,000 gp)
Wand of Cat’s Grace 50ch (4,500 gp)
Handy Haversack (2,000 gp)
4 potions Cure Light Wounds (200 gp)
4 potions Mage Armor (200 gp)

Other Notable Equipment
Masterwork Heavy Mace (312 gp)
Masterwork Heavy Crossbow (350gp)
Dagger (2gp)

Misc. Gear
Bedroll (1sp)
2 Winter Blankets (1gp)
10 Candles (1 sp)
10 flasks (3sp)
Flint and Steel (1 gp)
Small Steel Mirror (10gp)
Iron Pot (5sp)
2 Belt Pouches (2gp)
20 days Rations (10gp)
200’ silken rope (40 gp)
Grappling hook (1gp)
2 lbs. Soap (1gp)
Shovel (2gp)
Tent (10gp)
3 Waterskins (3gp)

Special Gear
2 Anti-Toxin (100 gp)
50 Sunrods (100 gp)
100 Tindertwig (100 gp)
3 Explorer’s Outfits (30 gp)
1 Cold Weather Outfit (8gp)
1 Spell Component Pouch (5 gp)

Coin
100 pp
10 gp
1 sp

Background
Valmun comes from the eastern parts of the Great Empire. He grew up on the streets of a large city, where he learned to lie and put up a good front, to cover his relative physical frailty, and to get him out of the trouble his lack of common sense occasionally got him into.

As his sorcerous powers began to develop, Valmun managed to get himself into a group of neophyte adventurers, leaving his home and never going back. He never was trained formally, learning as he went along. Eventually he got something of a reputation as a monster killer, especially of trolls, which he took a certain perverse pleasure in roasting.

Recently, he took a commission for a lordling in the western islands, to help clear out a lair of goblins. The expedition was successful, and he was taking ship back to the empire when the attack took place.

Description
Valmun is a very handsome, charismatic man. He is of average height, though a bit thin. He wears a rather flamboyant crimson cloak, and his black hair is long and flowing, his goatee neatly shaped and trimmed. His green eyes are usually sparkling with amusement, perhaps at some private joke he is playing on the world.

Personality
He loves to tell tall tales, and is always amused when people believe them, which happens fairly often. He is a very accomplished liar. Otherwise he is quite friendly, laughing a lot, since he finds many things very amusing. Laws and rulers, in particular, tend to make him chuckle.
[/sblock]

Unless I'm counting wrong here, we've got 5 characters mostly worked out in one form or another right now. To get things moving as fast as is possible with PbP games, I'd like to get our party approved and at least know who we're working with by tomorrow. So its a bit of a jump, but I don't want us sitting around trying to figure things out for too long here...but we'll have the group mostly ready by tomorrow, then.

As for other things...

The characters I'm seeing right now, be they stats or backgrounds, are looking good. One way or another, we're going to have an interesting group stuck together. :)

Stonegod:

Just wanted to mention that the thinblade is fine.

Legildur:

Those feats are good.

Remove ads