• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Middle of...Somewhere [OOC Thread]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Cool! Cant wait to start! :) I have never played a warlock =)
1 Question... Its quite embarasing, do warlocks have unlimited use of the eldrich blast? I got that idea from complete arcana, but I dont want to start blasting things thinking I can use it every time I need, and then come to know that theres restricted amounts of uses

Voda Vosa said:
Cool! Cant wait to start! :) I have never played a warlock =)
1 Question... Its quite embarasing, do warlocks have unlimited use of the eldrich blast? I got that idea from complete arcana, but I dont want to start blasting things thinking I can use it every time I need, and then come to know that theres restricted amounts of uses
Just re-read the information on the class to make sure my instinct was right...and both yours and mine are unless I'm reading it wrong. The blast is unlimited use. It doesn't explicitly say that in the description, but since it doesn't say it IS restricted...then its not. :)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Just re-read the information on the class to make sure my instinct was right...and both yours and mine are unless I'm reading it wrong. The blast is unlimited use. It doesn't explicitly say that in the description, but since it doesn't say it IS restricted...then its not. :)
All warlock abilities are that way, though some have restrictions (i.e., you can only charm one creature at a time, etc., etc.). Warlocks go all day, but do not have the versatility of a wiz/sorc.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Great then, I just wanted to know certanly. The complete arcane says "Eldrich blast, used at will" But its not much enlightning

Legildur

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Yarra (Legildur):
-Could you post him over in the character thread? :)
-HP: I came up with 29, not 32.
-Languages: Still have 2 to select.
-Items: No gold listed with the items...but I'll take your word for it with 350g left. :)

And that's all I can see. I think, overall, the HP changes were popping up because of how it was worded. The even/odd switch is for overall level, so even if you multiclass into something at level 2(and gain the 1st level of the class), you get the EVEN number of HP not the ODD.
That's exactly what I did, but I now get 31 hit points.

<char level/hps gained/class level>

1/6/Rog1
2/3/Rog2
3/4/Rog3
4/3/Rog4
5/4/Rog5
6/5/Ftr1

Total 25 base hps +6 for Con 12 (+1) = 31.

Yarra the Watchful posted to RG.

I'll update gold costs/weight when I can. I'll be using the remaining 350gp to buy mundane gear (not already purchased) and some alchemical items.

Edit: Any restriction on what might be appropriate languages to take?

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
My hp:

Dragon Shaman1: 10
DS2:+5
DS3:+6
DS4:+5
DS5:+6
Marshal1:+4
HP from Con:+30
Equals:66
Right?

I prefer the "simple" exp method. I used to total it until I my buddy switched our group over. The way it works is once you level you start at 0. To get the next level you need your current level in exp times 1000 to level. Thus at level 6 we have 0 exp, and will need 6000 exp to level. It is easy to keep track how far away from leveling you are, as well as keeping math mistakes down. It you want to switch to totaling it, but I think this way is better.

On the note of HP:

My brain exploded and I can account for the errors easily now. Didn't use max for the first dice when going over them. So, just to make sure we're all on the same page, going to re-add up all of them and double check that my brain is, in fact, working again.

Bonamius: 29
Valmun Ourigan: 22
Jan: 31
Brutus "Slim" Carnation: 29
Victor Rizkad: 66
Yarra the Watchful: 31

Okay...there we go, I can count again. Sorry for that. :)

Legildur:

Since I'm keeping the world generic(from the start, at least), language choice is up to you.

EvolutionKB:

The problem with that method is that anything that costs XP to use can become problematic. Now, this requires crafting feats and such, but still, ANY XP cost becomes a headache otherwise, so I'd really rather just stick to the core on this one.

EvolutionKB

First Post
I am human. I might try and work it into my forthcoming background about becoming a Dragonborn. What do you say Ankh-Morpork Guard? In addition, I missed a requirement of one of my feats(entangling breath: the dragonblood subtype). I changed it to clinging breath.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads