• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Middle of...Somewhere [OOC Thread]

EvolutionKB said:
Did you want me to make up my finished character now, or wait until the final party is chosen?
At this point, with the people that have decided to bow out...we're at an even 6.

So, for those still here, go ahead and make the characters fully and we'll get started as soon as possible.

ethandrew

First Post
I haven't fully finished equipment or anything, nor personality or appearance, but here's what I do have for my character:

Brutus “Slim” Carnation
[sblock=Slim]
Male Human Bard 1 | Rogue 1 | Mountebank 4
Alignment: CN

Abilities:
STR - 11
DEX - 14
CON - 12
INT - 16
WIS - 10
CHA - 17

HP: 5d6 + 12
Speed: 30ft
Initiative: +2

AC: 1? (+? Armor, +2 Dex)

Saves:
Fort: 3
Reflex: 7
Will: 3

BAB/Ranged/Grapple: +4/+6/+4

Weapons:
Rapier…

Class Abilities:
-Tongue of the Devil
-Alter Ego
-Sideslip
-Bardic Music
-Bardic Knowledge
-Countersong
-Fascinate
-Inspire Courage +1
-Sneak Attack +2d6
-Trapfinding

Racial Abilities:
+4 Skills at 1st Level
+1 Skill at each level
Extra Feat at 1st Level
Favored Class: Any

Skills:
Balance – 4 (2 Dex + 2 Synergy)
Bluff – 18 (9 Ranks + 3 Cha + 3 Skill Focus + 3 Int Bonus)
Diplomacy – 5 (3 Cha + 2 Synergy)
Disguise – 16 (9 Ranks + 3 Cha + 2 Deceitful + 2 Synergy)
Escape Artist – 7 (5 Ranks + 2 Dex)
Forgery – 5 (3 Int + 2 Deceitful)
Gather Information – 5 (3 Cha + 2 Synergy)
Hide – 7 (5 Ranks + 2 Dex)
Intimidate – 5 (3 Cha + 2 Synergy)
Jump – 2 (0 Str + 2 Synergy)
Knowledge Local – 12 (9 Ranks + 3 Int)
Listen – 5 (5 Ranks + 0 Wis)
Move Silently – 7 (5 Ranks + 2 Dex)
Perform Comedy – 11 (5 Ranks + 3 Cha + 3 Skill Focus)
Search – 4 (1 Rank + 3 Int)
Sense Motive – (9 Ranks + 0 Wis)
Sleight of Hand – 13 (9 Ranks + 2 Dex + 2 Synergy)
Spellcraft – 4 (7 Ranks + 3 Int)
Spot – 0 (0 Wis)
Tumble – 11 (9 Ranks + 2 Dex)
Use Rope – 4 (2 Dex + 2 Synergy)

Feats:
Skill Focus (Bluff)
Skill Focus (Perform)
Deceitful
Weapon Finesse

Languages:
Common
??
??
??

[sblock=Equipment]
Cost Weight
…more to come[/sblock]

[sblock=Physical Appearance]
...more to come
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 122
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Brutus “Slim” Carnation has always been better at being someone other than himself. In time he honed this escapism into a hobby, a talent, and finally an asset. He dabbled some in drama and street performance, yet it was mundane for Slim, not enough thrill involved. Sure, he could make some decent coin if he stayed out in the market all day and juggled, told stories, or even cut a few purses, but it got old for him, and quickly at that. Of course, his shift in professions was facilitated by being caught stealing, but it was less detrimental and more “closing one door while opening another.”

It didn’t hurt that those who caught him were looking for someone with quick hands, and the fact that he could impersonate anyone certainly helped his cause. Over time they honed his abilities, teaching him how to ascertain opportunities and how to capitalize on them. Mundane jobs lined up one after another, and Slim glided through them, conning one person, seducing the next.

His last task was an immersive one: he was to impersonate an on-site valet at a very wealthy merchant’s estate. Slim infiltrated the position with remarkable ease and continued to learn the routine of the household over the course of a month. When the proper time came, late one evening Slim allowed a small retinue of accomplices into the mansion where they headed straight for the vault. He quickly disabled the trap and entered through the secret door leading in. This much he had studied and prepared diligently, having witnessed it accomplished a few times from the shadows.

However, that is where the familiarity ended. He found himself in another room, without doors or windows, save the one they just entered through. After a few minutes, one of Slim’s partners found a small button in the wall roughly 7 feet up. With joy he pushed it and found to everyone’s horror that the trapdoor snapped shut and the floor started sliding out of the room, under one of the walls. One by one the group fell into the small trap, piling atop each other. Darkness covered them and in no amount of time they were being pulled out of the pit by the city watch, all of them bound and gagged.

Slim, as it would be, was not entirely without luck that evening. As he was being transported to the prison, he managed to break free from his bindings. After doing so, he ran off into the alleyway before any guards realized what had occurred. Recovering quickly they were after him down the alley, but all they could find was a small girl with short hair crying, crying about being lost and wanting her mommy. The guards largely ignored her, having a criminal hiding around. One took the girl to the street and told her to walk away in case anything bad happened in the alley and then the guard proceeded to move down into the alley again… such civil service.

Once in the street, Slim laughed it off and set his partner’s free without letting the guards see. They all proceeded to a tavern and drank and laughed their night’s exploits. However, they all soon found that the wealthy merchant had hired some folks to track them down individually. These folk were less than kind. One by one, those who were captured in the vault went missing. After the first three, the rest were curious and cautious, not knowing what was occurring, until a severed head appeared mounted to a pike in the middle of an alley in a disreputable part of town.

Not wanting to meet the same fate, Slim talked his way onto a ship, bound for new lands, new places. He was able to convince them he was noble and was being sent as a diplomat, so he got very comfortable lodging on the trip.[/sblock]

[sblock=Personality]
...more to come[/sblock][/sblock]

Okay guys, have a character thread set up so please post your stats and all that fun stuff here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=3525579#post3525579

Also make sure to use the character sheet linked above. Everyone using the same thing will make it much easier to check the stats for any errors and just general everything. :) I'll start taking a look at the specifics and checking for errors as they get posted into that thread, and we'll get started asap.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Just wanted to get the okay on a feat and magic items before I post my total character. The feat is steadfast determination from PHB2 and the item is Steadfast boots from the magic item compendium. What about the Dragonsprit Cincture? It gives another die of damage to my breath weapon as well as increasing the DC if I hold a weapon that does damage of the same type as my breath. I'll use it with the least crystal of acid assault(also from the MIC). I'll probably have more item questions as I try and spend all that gp. :) Also I was curious if I could take a Dragon Shaman alternate class feature from Dragon Magic, it gives you a Dragonfire adept least invocation(I'd choose the Beguiling Influence, which is the same as the warlock's of the same name from CA) in exchange for your fifth draconic aura. I posted my character, assuming you okay everything above, I'll make changes as necessary. So what do you say?

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Why do everyone have cool stuff, and lots of spent gold and I have just a studded leather a crosbow and a quarterstaff?
and attributes like 20 or so... I think I miss something...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Voda Vosa said:
Why do everyone have cool stuff, and lots of spent gold and I have just a studded leather a crosbow and a quarterstaff?
and attributes like 20 or so... I think I miss something...
6th lvl PC have 13000gp to start with, unlike a first level character. Thus, we have appropriate equipment for 6th level. The high stats also go along w/ that since we have stat boosting items.

Your warlock should have similar equipment, so feel free to purchase anything our DM permit.

Legildur

First Post
AMG,

Sorry about the delay. I have the shell of 'Yarra' for you to review before I post it into the RG and flesh it out some more.

Regards

[sblock=Yarra]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Yarra
[B]Class:[/B] Rog5/Ftr1
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Med
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG
[B]Deity:[/B] ?

[B]Str:[/B] 11 +0 (XXp.)     [B]Level:[/B] 6        [B]XP:[/B] 21,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 18 +4 (XXp.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +4         [B]HP:[/B] 32 (5d6+1d10+6)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (XXp.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +4     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] XX/XXXX
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (XXp.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] 11 +0 (XXp.)     [B]Init:[/B] +4        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B]  6 -2 (XXp.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +4    +0    +4    +0    +0    +0    18
[B]Touch:[/B] 14              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 18

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +1    +1    +5
[B]Ref:[/B]                       4    +4    +1    +9
[B]Will:[/B]                      1    +0    +1    +2

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
+1 Light Crossbow        +10      1d8+3     19-20/x2
short sword               +4      1d6+0     19-20/x2
dagger                    +4      1d4+0     19-20/x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, ?, ?.

[B]Abilities:[/B] Sneak Attack +3d6, Trapfinding, Evasion, Trap Sense +1, Uncanny Dodge.

[B]Feats:[/B] Point Blank Shot, Crossbow Sniper, Dead-eye Shot, Precise Shot,
Weapon Focus (light crossbow).

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 93       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 9/4.5
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Balance                       6    +4    +2    +12
Climb                         8    +0          +8
Disable Device                9    +2    +2    +13
Escape Artist                 8    +4          +12
Hide                          8    +4
Jump                          5    +0    +2    +7
Listen                        8    +0          +8
Move Silently                 8    +4          +12
Open Lock                     8    +4    +2    +14
Search                        9    +2    +5    +16
Spot                          8    +0          +8
Tumble                        8    +4    +2    +14

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B] 13,000gp
+1 Light Crossbow         XXcp   XXlb
Mithral shirt             XXsp   XXlb
Gloves of Dexterity +2    XXgp   XXlb
Cloak of Protection +1    XXgp   XXlb
Ring of Sustenance        XXgp   XXlb
Goggles of Minute Seeing  XXgp   XXlb
Potion of Invisibility    XXgp   XXlb
Potion of CLW             XXgp   XXlb
Potion of CLW             XXgp   XXlb
Thieve's Tools masterwork 100gp  2lb
XXXX                      XXgp   XXlb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]XXlb      [B]Money:[/B] 350gp XXsp XXcp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX

[B]Age:[/B] XX
[B]Height:[/B] X'XX"
[B]Weight:[/B] XXXlb
[B]Eyes:[/B] XXXX
[B]Hair:[/B] XXXX
[B]Skin:[/B] XXXX

[B]Appearance:[/B] XXXX

[B]Background:[/B] Idle an unemployed, Yarra slipped into a life of petty crime through boredom and necessity. His activities did come to the attention of the local guild, who, seeing his potential, took him under their wing and groomed him in the way of the street. As his prowess increased, he eventually started to take control of some of the missions the guild undertook. And Yarra would use his skills to cover his charges from interference, particularly if they were caught in the act. As the Guild's power increased, they increasingly turned to more violent jobs, which sat poorly with the still young Yarra. And while he hasn't taken the final step, he is certainly looking for a way to leave his youth behind.
[/sblock]

Alrighty, going over the characters now...

Bonamius (Voda Vosa):
-XP: 15,000
-HP: Should be 27 (6d6+6)
-Damage Reduction: 1/Cold Iron
-AC: Needs the +1 from the Ring of Protection to make it 20.
-Invocation DC: +4 Cha bonus instead of +2.

Rest of it looks good to me.

Valmun Ourigan (Blarkon Dragonslayer):
-HP: I came up with 21 rather than 22.

That's all I can see.

Jan (stonegod):
-XP: 15000 rather than 21000

That's it.

Brutus "Slim" Carnation (ethandrew):
-XP: 15000
-HP: 33 (6d6+12)
-Spells: Need to select the 4 0-level Bard spells known.

The rest is good.

Victor Rizkad (EvolutionKB):
-XP: 15000
-HP: Came out as 62 for me rather than 66.

Everything else looks good.

Yarra (Legildur):
-Could you post him over in the character thread? :)
-HP: I came up with 29, not 32.
-Languages: Still have 2 to select.
-Items: No gold listed with the items...but I'll take your word for it with 350g left. :)

And that's all I can see. I think, overall, the HP changes were popping up because of how it was worded. The even/odd switch is for overall level, so even if you multiclass into something at level 2(and gain the 1st level of the class), you get the EVEN number of HP not the ODD.

Does that makes sense? :)

Oh, and once we've got things cleaned up and such, we're ready to go. So...will have the IC Thread going tomorrow or the next day...aiming for tomorrow.

Remove ads