• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

Drakknyte32

First Post
Nevermore, Raven Familiar

Nevermore sends a sharp glance at the monk.

"I am not just some mere bird. I am a familiar, a creature of sorcery and power. And I have a name. Next time you talk about me call me Nevermore."

Satisfied he has properly shown his avian arrogance Nevermore flies off to see what the laughter is. He does take the monks advice however and tries to look natural and unsuspicious.

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

You know, William, Raven is considered a delicacy in the lands of Dolem. I personally know several particularly tasty recipes, particularly for those birds that bring their own sauce.

Drakknyte32

First Post
William smirks at Quazeems comment.

"I don't think you want to eat him, you don't know where he's been. But I've considered using him as a practice target for my spellcasting more than once. Anything to get him to shut up."

"Unfortunately I really can't do that. He's the only one who is able to teach me how to use my magick. And annoying as he is, he does come in handy every once in a while."

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

Barri Ironhand_"Indeed the mushrooms are of a variety that I have not seen before. If the fey are near we might be best advised to backtrack. Their magic is strong and they can be vengeful if angered."

OOC_William, you get a sense of "Danger" from your empathic link w/ Nevermore.

The party is no more than 50 yards or so from what must be the aforementioned spring.

Do you advance? Move back?

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

Perhaps we should go around, as Timur says. However, I can't help but think that the spring may hold answers. The towns people seemed to think that the spring was related to the witch's power in some way. It could have been the reason she was killed.

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

Barri_"Hmmm, are the Sidhe not the Nobles of the Fey? Surely the words of Scathach would be heard if these are indeed faerie kin." The big man strokes his bearded chin and casts a glance back at the Sidhe hexblade.

OOC_We'll give Nameless an opportunity to chime in here since the consensus of the party is that this might be a possible "fey encounter."

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1

William frowns at the sense of danger from Nevermore and sends his own emotions through the link, urging his familiar to be cautious and return quickly. Then he turns to the others.

"I would be careful about moving forward. Nevermore felt danger from whatever is up ahead and their may be things other than the fay in this forest. Likewise it may be something not easy to get around. I think we should wait until he returns and hear from him just what is up ahead."

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

Quazeem: I agree with William, but lets step off the trail and be prepared just in case the bird brings back some company.

With that, Quazeem steps off the trail and trys to take some cover. He readies his sling and looks off in the direction Nevermore flew in (Spot +6).

Remove ads