• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Which I Attempt a Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Photoshoot

Is R2-D2 in it?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What are some of your favorite Magic items that are new for this adventure? Feel free to give brief descriptions ;)

Gee, thanks!

Well, let's see. There's 4 pages of them, 11 items.

Azuredge is a sentient battle-axe.

There's the Blackstaff.

I like the paper bird. Write a message on it and it flies off and delivers it.

GarrettKP

Explorer
Very cool! Azuredge and Blackstaff are awesome FR legacy items.

One more question if you have time: what is the introductory quest Volo gives you? My group starts session 1 this weekend and I’ll only have a day with the book before then.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Very cool! Azuredge and Blackstaff are awesome FR legacy items.

One more question if you have time: what is the introductory quest Volo gives you? My group starts session 1 this weekend and I’ll only have a day with the book before then.

To investigate the kidnapping of his friend, Floon.

pukunui

Legend
I seem to remember that it wasnt specific to a date as they wanted people to be able to use it regardless of when their game took place, thats why I was curious.
It’s meant to be post-Tyranny of Dragons, since Lady Laeral is Open Lord of Waterdeep.

GarrettKP

Explorer
How do the NPCs look in terms of their CR? Does Lady Laeral live up to the CR 17 rating or is this another case of creatures looking weak compared to their CR?

JPL

Adventurer
Any crunchy stuff for PCs? New backgrounds or feats or builds or whatnot?

If not, somebody's gotta get on that.

Remove ads

Remove ads