• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Input needed on my new PC Races

Rahkan

First Post
For my new campaign I created a plethora of new PC races. They are all designed to be ECL 0 (equivalent to the core races) but I have trouble figuring out if they are too powerful or not powerful enough. I have also noticed that most people like to play humans and was wondering if it would seriously annoy people if they had to play these instead of humans. Anyway I'd apreciate it if you could look look at my races at this address
http://disbelieving.tripod.com/redpages/civilizations/races/races.html

and post the your feedback here. You can skip the obligatory creation myth and skip to the bottom for a link to each race's page.

Nellisir

Hero
I think they look pretty good. Most are roughly humanoid, so the players don't have to make any huge leaps of physical understanding. They should be OK with the choices -- I always liked the fantasy/alien worlds where humanity was just one more race among many.

Nell.

Noldor Elf

First Post
I did a quick overlook over yur ideas and they looked quite nice. Good work!

But, two things:
1.) There were two races with Bard as favored class and racial penalty to charisma. (Just little strange from technical point of view)

2.) At least at the beginning most characters are likely to be race+favored class combinations, because at least some of them seem quite well suited for just that class. (Why make rogue of other race when you can choose Koro, but maybe that's not a problem really)

Happiest_Sadist

First Post
I'm a bit worried about the race that gives animal frindship. An animal companion is a powerful ability and they can add it to any charachter class. (Also it encourages them not to play woodland classes because they have useless multiple abilities.)

Also the jumping race will require creative planning, because that is about as unbalancing as spiderclimb or such at will. Same with the climbing race.

Other than that, they are all on the high end of the ECL +0. I really like the commoner tough race.

Remove ads