Insight's Secret Wars OOC Thread

Thanee

First Post
Yep, the game has never really got to speed for some reason. A shame, but I guess it is the right decision.

Bye
Thanee

Jemal

Adventurer
That sucks as there isn't really much M&M going on here, but I concur with the assessment. We've got a good group of players/GM, the game just isn't seeming to take off. :(

Insight

Adventurer
That sucks as there isn't really much M&M going on here, but I concur with the assessment. We've got a good group of players/GM, the game just isn't seeming to take off. :(

I think this game was a good idea (if I say so myself :p ), but it lacked focus. In order for a PBP game to sustain itself, it really need to be fairly tightly focused.

if I was to try another M&M game, it would have to be of a much more short-term design.

Insight

Adventurer
Given the lack of M&M games here (not to say that there aren't any, but certainly few), I could be convinced to revitalize the idea of running something. It would have to be something more sharply focused, along the lines of an adventure as opposed to a full campaign. If the adventure were to go well, perhaps continuing on to a campaign (or at least, another adventure) might be warranted.

I think I'd be tempted to run something set in Freedom City, so that I wouldn't have to create a setting. NPCs would mostly be done for me, although I guess I would have to 3e them. Or Emerald City, although I don't really have much of that material.

I'll have to think about it. I really do enjoy superhero gaming. I just have to find a way to make it work for me in the PBP format.

EDIT: I see that Green Ronin is going to release Emerald City as a setting [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mutants-Masterminds-RPG-Emerald-Campaign/dp/193454745X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338919473&sr=8-1]Amazon Listing[/ame]. I'll have to take a look at it.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Superhero games DO seem to have unique challenges in PBP. I have yet to see a single one get very far. I'm not sure why that is!

I'd love to try again though.

Walking Dad

First Post
Superhero games DO seem to have unique challenges in PBP. I have yet to see a single one get very far. I'm not sure why that is!

I'd love to try again though.
Well, I finished one here:
Gotham Squires (M&M 2nd) RG IC OOC

The adventure was my idea, but for the setting I combined Freedom City and DC.

Insight, do you have the DCA book or the "setting free" core book for 3e? If you have the former, DC would also be an option, with major characters already included in the book. But I also like the freedomverse :)

Insight

Adventurer
Insight, do you have the DCA book or the "setting free" core book for 3e? If you have the former, DC would also be an option, with major characters already included in the book. But I also like the freedomverse :)

For 3E, all I own right now is the "Hero's Handbook". I have a ton of stuff for 2E (Including Freedom City). I see that GR has started an "adventure path" for Emerald City, so that's kinda tempting to run. Especially with the setting book coming out next month.

I might be tempted to run "Emerald City Knights", but I'd like to read through the first installment before committing to anything.

BTW, have any of you purchased these "Power Profile" or "Threat Report" offerings? I'd like to know more about them.

Insight

Adventurer
So, apparently, GR has released a "Prologue" for the "Emerald City Knights" adventure path. It's downloadable free of charge, making it a sort of gateway drug adventure for the new series. This is tres cool because now I can read through it without having to pay a darn thing! B-)

This is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to try out here. In fact, I think someone tried to run this a while back - another game that fizzled and died, unfortunately. But I've got more backbone than that. I'd like to run a group through this.

More to come.

Remove ads