[Interest check] High fantasy Wushu...with a twist!

Dr Simon

Explorer
Got the new rules, the examples make everything a bit clearer. Still think I'll go with the Boromir-style character, for WOTBS at least. Do you think a test run is necessary? I reckon we could jump right into the campaign.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Been busy trying to clean up some things 'behind the scenes' for the games I'm running. I'm still here, just not moving quickly on the character.

Here's what I've got:

Knife Fighting: 4
Use Environment: 4
Cat Burglary: 4
Negotiate Traps: 4

Flaw: Concrete Thinker

grufflehead

First Post
Sorry folks, eye off the ball this week thanks to lots on at work.

Do you think a test run is necessary? I reckon we could jump right into the campaign.

It's mostly for my benefit. My Wushu experience up to now has been half a dozen posts in another game so I want to get a feel for how it runs first. The biggest worry I have is actually how it will cope with a fairly rigidly structured game. If it were a home-brew I could just let the players take it wherever they want, but with a proper story arc to follow I need to know how easy it will be to keep to it. Plus, I'm not sure all the character ideas really fit into WotBS, and people may well find that once they start to play, it doesn't work quite like they had in mind...

There are a few characters posted already; I hope to have my brain back in order by the middle/end of the week so I'll try and move it along then.

Songdragon

Explorer
I was starting to wonder where you got off too Gruffle, good to see you still about.

I have considered a different character, and elven druid. I did not want to step on InVinoVeritas's toes with his shapeshifting demon though. I will see how things work out and go from there. The test game should prove interesting, I too want to see how it works myself. :)

grufflehead

First Post
OK folks, thanks for your patience. So far I've got character ideas from:

- Mowgli
- InVinoVeritas
- Songdragon
- TheGreatOne44

With hopefully Boddynock and Dr Simon to come - that gives us 6. There have been a few other sniffs of interest too so if any of them follow it up then that's fine.

I thought 6 might be a bit unwieldy for 1 group so I plan on splitting you into 2 groups of 3 and playing a little game of capture the flag to get the ball rolling ;) Any late comers can slot into 1 of the 2 groups.

Once we've given it a go and have a pause for reflection I'll give people a chance to modify or change characters then push on with something more substantial. Plan is still to go with WotBS, but if for some reason that looks like it might not work, then I'll run something else for those still interested in continuing.

Remove ads