• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) Do you want to rule the world?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
To Joshua Dyal:

If you change your mind, just post so here, on this thread.

I'm the accountant :D of the IR. Busy setting up the roster of players. I'm also playing too, and will most certainly win ... but that's in the future.

Right now I'm really hoping more good players will join us. Radiant has joined in, and it appears Album might join us. And that's good news. Very good news indeed. :)

So yes, if you change your mind, just post here. I'll check in here to see what the status of things is. So will Serpenteye, our gamemaster.

You're certainly most welcome in our game!

Yours Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith

Serpenteye

First Post
Album Cover X said:
OK... I think I will take you up on this offer... I'm still trying to understand PL, IC, Elite and all that... but I think I'm making progress...

I'd like to put in a claim for Erypt... I know I thing or three about egyptian culture/history so I think I can do them some justice... If I read the Megapost right... They have...393 IC... Now I'm still trying to decipher the hubbub today over what's fair and balanced... and TFO's ethergaunts and all that... If I'm underpowered... I'd like to also claim the Tribes of Enllaves (72 IC) since they seem to fit flavor-wise with Erypt...

I'm also trying to better understand the game's ettiquite... so you'll have to forgive me if I ask a stupid question now and again :) So dumb question #1... What's my next step???

thanks in advance...

Welcome, Album Cover. :D Great to have you with us.

You can have Erypt and the Tribes and I could even throw in WRs Suhfang or the Barbarian Seamast if you want them. Thay should make you pretty strong.
I had to recalculate the IC values, so they are a bit lower than what you read in Edena's mega-post.

1) Good question. Your next step... Think about which territories you want as a part of your faction, and what flavour those territories would be. What alignment you want to play, which races you want to populate your countries, wether you'd want to make up any new cool organizations or characters, and what class/level/personality you would want your PC to be.

The western 3/4s of the continent have very little official information from the creators of the setting so you're free to pretty much make anything up, (just don't populate your country with millions of Tarrasques or Force Dragons ;))

Album Cover X

First Post
To William Ronald:
Thanks for the offer... I have to admit this at first seems a little daunting... A ton of info to absorb and lack any experience in games of this sort... But something is telling me I should play :) I very well may be asking for help sooner than later...

To Edena:
I do wish to join... and thanks for welcome... I've read thru nearly every post in all three threads now... You seem very helpful; from what I can tell the game is much better with you aboard... I'll be working on some ideas throughout the day...

To Serpenteye:
Thanks again for letting me join this motley crew... As far as adding other areas... I don't want to be either underpowered or overpowered so I don't really know if I should on a claming-spree or what... I do have to admit I have no earthly idea what "WRs" mean in reference to Suhfang... Based on what William said, maybe adding Suhfang would round out my roster of areas...

As far as the other stuff like alignment and such... should I send you an email or detail that here or in the 2nd post??? I do have some ideas already swirling about :)

I did have to make use of the "delete" key after you mentioned the Tarrasque issue ;)

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Album Cover X:

The reference to "WR's Suhfang" meant that I ran it in the 3rd IR. It is mentioned in E. Gary Gygax's Gord the Rogue novels as an eastern land. As it would be between Erypt (feel free to change the name if you wish) and the Celestial Imperium, it would be a good fit. Similarly, if you take the Barbarian Seameast, feel free to change the name as well.

Album Cover X

First Post
William Ronald said:
Album Cover X:

The reference to "WR's Suhfang" meant that I ran it in the 3rd IR. It is mentioned in E. Gary Gygax's Gord the Rogue novels as an eastern land. As it would be between Erypt (feel free to change the name if you wish) and the Celestial Imperium, it would be a good fit. Similarly, if you take the Barbarian Seameast, feel free to change the name as well.

Thanks William... Like I said I may ask a stupid question from time to time... They way I read it... WR meant another calculation or stat to keep track of like PL or IC...

I do think I'll changed the name Erypt if given the chance... I do like the name Suhfang and may just continue your idea... thanks again...

I do have a question... in designing my PC leader... what books am I limited to??? WotC offical... or what Serpenteye owns??? Or is that really not a big deal and I should concern myself with other matters???

Anabstercorian

First Post
Album Cover X said:
I do have a question... in designing my PC leader... what books am I limited to??? WotC offical... or what Serpenteye owns??? Or is that really not a big deal and I should concern myself with other matters???

Your PC leader is almost entirely irrelevant to your success as a faction except in highly unusual circumstances, such as the Wolf God. The odds of him ever actually facing off against another PC leader are slim - not impossible, but slim. Go with your gut.

Serpenteye

First Post
Album Cover X said:
To Serpenteye:
Thanks again for letting me join this motley crew... As far as adding other areas... I don't want to be either underpowered or overpowered so I don't really know if I should on a claming-spree or what... I do have to admit I have no earthly idea what "WRs" mean in reference to Suhfang... Based on what William said, maybe adding Suhfang would round out my roster of areas...

As far as the other stuff like alignment and such... should I send you an email or detail that here or in the 2nd post??? I do have some ideas already swirling about :)

I did have to make use of the "delete" key after you mentioned the Tarrasque issue ;)

Thanks for joining :).

You only have to send me E-mails if it's some information about your faction you absolutely don't want the other players to learn. Everything else can be posted on the board.

Album Cover X said:

Anything goes, but as Anab said the details (though interesting)
are not very important.

Radiant

First Post
Serpenteye said:
To be fair it's the first real friction we've seen in quite a lot of posts, and I'm hoping I will be able to iron-out the situation. No worries. :cool:

Welcome Radiant. :)

looks like it gets worse. Don't get what it is all about.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Hey there all. Thanks for the compliments, guys. :)

Radiant, Album Cover, we have a number of unclaimed nations. They are presented at the end of the megapost, with the map showing where they are in relation to everyone else's claims.
Also, you can custom make a power, taking one of the countries, and modifying it as you see fit. Just submit your work to Serpenteye afterwards.

I have both your templates up on the megapost. They are not complete, yet, of course, but once I have more information I will update them.

(grins)

I'm the unofficial secretary of the IR?
Hehe.

Anyways, just tell me what you want to claim, and I'll put it in.

Edena_of_Neith

Radiant

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Hey there all. Thanks for the compliments, guys. :)

Radiant, Album Cover, we have a number of unclaimed nations. They are presented at the end of the megapost, with the map showing where they are in relation to everyone else's claims.
Also, you can custom make a power, taking one of the countries, and modifying it as you see fit. Just submit your work to Serpenteye afterwards.

I have both your templates up on the megapost. They are not complete, yet, of course, but once I have more information I will update them.

(grins)

I'm the unofficial secretary of the IR?
Hehe.

Anyways, just tell me what you want to claim, and I'll put it in.

Edena_of_Neith

I'm not strictly claiming the territory since the claw has no real control over it yet but they are currently stationed in the celestial empire.

Another question: How many people are in one elite army? Or does that change depending on the power of people that make up the unit? Since serpenteye said my faction will consist only of eltie units like the ethergaunts did I asume the total number of Claw member should not be very high. On the other hand they are not as powerfull as the gaunts since they are in average as good as they are without any levels at all. So I asume one elite unit of Sikari will include a lot more individuals than an equaly powerfull unit of ethergaunts?

Remove ads