[Iron Heroes] A Saga of Might - OOC (Re-recruiting)

Dr Simon

Explorer
A few questions:
1) do we have weapons on hand (pick, shovel, other mining tools...)
2) how long is the chain?
3) did the cave in block the entrance to the cave or the rest of the cave?

1. No, tools were to be issued at the next cavern.
2. About 4ft. between each of you, meaning that, in game terms, you have to remain adjacent to the people you are attached to.
3. No, you can still get back the way you came if you wish.

Walking Dad

First Post

sblock=ooc]
I hope the lack of map isn't too restricting, I'm trying to keep it more story-like and less wargamey. Suffiice to say that whatever you are trying to do, you will need some way of evading the attention of (or neutralising) the catwalk sentries and probably the shack guard. At the moment, no-one else is paying much attention to things outside their own tasks.
[/sblock]

Lack of map is fine,

BUT: I always liked the concept of action zones in IH. And the designers noted, that they should explained beforehand.

So an carts we could push to run over some guards or anything we can set in motion to heighten our change of success? Guards near chasms we can push them? Ropes or chains we can swing to quickly cross distances?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Just checking, nobody wants the ur-man armour or the scourge?

Also, Frozen Messiah - I liked the attempt to trip the ur-man with your own chains. For the record, (and I didn't think of it before), you can try an attack stunt with something like that. In this case, say, a Tumble check at a penalty to give you a bonus on the trip attempt if you succeed. To be honest, I'm still a little hazy on stunts so I'll probably just wing it when you try them.

Walking Dad

First Post
If you mean Olmar, he gets his berseker DR, which is higher than leather armor :)

And it does seem we have to be sneaky and hadn't enough time to change clothes ;).

Seems like DR isn't as high an incentive to armor up, than higher AC. Interesting from a designer point of view.

Shayuri

First Post
Well, a bonus to defense would stack with my already decent defense bonuses to make me fairly hard to hit. Maybe if the DR was a flat 2, rather than a 1d2 I'd be more tempted.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
@ Dr.Simon: I am glad that you like my trip attempt. I thought that the trip attempt itself would have been the stunt but I could be wrong about that.

Not wanting to nag at you but you understandthat Wade has Perceptive sa trait which needs you to make checks to see isf he notices something out of the ordinary

Now on to tactics...

What if Wade sneaks up on the guards who are watching the slaves, he atempts to take out one. If he does or doesn't it makes no difference because there should be enough commotion that the group should be able to get to the shed and get those damn chains off of themselves.

If all things go well than I should be able to take one hostage and try to stall as long as possible.

any ideas on this approach?

Shayuri

First Post
You seem to be forgetting we're all chained together. You can't sneak off without us. You can't move more than 5' from the two people nearest you, unless they go willingly along, or you drag them forcibly with you. Neither of which is that great for sneaking. :)

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Wade's cahin was broken by Olmar, so I can move independently. I also wrapped the lenght of leftover chain to Wade's leg with cloth from the ur-man to allow for it not to make any noise (I don't know if me doing that will negate the penalty and give me some other detremental effect or just negate the effect :-S). I also know that you are all chained together so that is why I planned for you all to get to that shack and try to find something that would allow for you to get the chains off.

mfloyd3

Explorer
I posted Xoria's objection to that plan IC, but here are my thoughts: If they notice us go down that passage, we're screwed. They'll chase us, and even if we get out of the chains, they'll take us down with superior numbers and weapons. On the other hand, if we kill the guard by the tunnel and grab a pick without them noticing, they've got no way of knowing which tunnel we went down.

And even if they do see us go down the tunnel, it's better if none of us are mixed in with their troops. Because whoever is mixed in with them is going to have a really hard time getting away.

Just my 2 cents.

Remove ads