[Iron Heroes] A Saga of Might - OOC (Re-recruiting)

Frozen Messiah

First Post
I posted Xoria's objection to that plan IC, but here are my thoughts: If they notice us go down that passage, we're screwed. They'll chase us, and even if we get out of the chains, they'll take us down with superior numbers and weapons. On the other hand, if we kill the guard by the tunnel and grab a pick without them noticing, they've got no way of knowing which tunnel we went down.

And even if they do see us go down the tunnel, it's better if none of us are mixed in with their troops. Because whoever is mixed in with them is going to have a really hard time getting away.

Just my 2 cents.

You make a good point,

I planned on getting all of their attention by grabbing one of them and doing a sort of hostage negotioation and when they all have their eyes on Wade than you guys will move but the risks are high so I think that taking out the first guard is a good idea.

Alright, take out the first guard then implement my plan?

Shayuri

First Post
I think Xoria's plan is better. We take out the guard, quickly and quietly, under cover of distraction. Then we make for the tunnel while you grab a pickaxe and follow us. No need to take hostages or engage in any unnecessary combat.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I've gone with Xoria's plan for the distraction. Just to clarify the layout of the cavern:

Looking left from your position, first are the catwalk guards, then the group of ur-men and slaves clearing the cave-in, and the elevator. Looking right, the shack (plus lone guard), then escape tunnel. The cavern extends further to your left than it does to the right, and is fairly narrow across to the other side (50 ft. or so)

So making everyone look down the far left end of the cavern proved the best distraction. Collapsing the catwalks would bring attention more to your position. You may still get the chance to do this, though :)

Walking Dad

First Post
Just to recapitulate:

All the chained PCs are trying to reach the tunnel unseen.

Wade will try the same after getting tools to break the chains.

So far:
Wade killed one guard and another spotted us.
Our sorceress conjured an illusion and the main Ur-Men group is not alert yet,

right?

Shayuri

First Post
So we need to shut that one guy up before he sounds the alarm.

Vela's not really a -ranged- sort of concept. She can huck the dagger, I guess.

How far away is this ur-man?

Dr Simon

Explorer
I've put links in the first post of this and the IC thread to the post that has the rumours I seeded each character with. Look in the OOC tab in that post. Just as a reminder.

Remove ads