Is a retro-clone the right game for me?

suicidepuppet

First Post
The community is quite large and growing everyday. I built my own aggregator site (Eternal Keep) just to keep up with all the blogs (of which I have 230 listed so far and many more to add).

I have found a home with the Microlite series. Considering they cover everything from OD&D through Modern 20 I have found it to be the best all around modular system.

Check here (The Microlite20 RPG Collection | RetroRoleplaying) for more info and grab the Spring compilation. For a game that only has 2 pages of rules it is quite impressive how you can add and subtract from it. The spring comp is 650 pages of extras, variants and whole systems based on it. And it is compatible with almost all d20 stuff if you like that.

And yes, soon I will be adding to the stack. It has inspired me to go back to designing and I am working on a custom version and campaign setting.

Life is good-I haven't had this much fun in years :)

I guess if you still have time after all that drop by the AD&D Grognard site and say hi.

Edit: And just so there is no misunderstandings all the systems listed merit viewing. A lot of hard and excellent work has went into these systems. You will learn something from all and be overwhelmed trying to figure out which to play first...I know I was :)

Last edited:

Remove ads