Is the current Doctor REALLY the 11th?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hopefully. I've been hoping they'd do a multiple doctor show. I think "The Four Doctors" is still open. They could have 8-11 for the show...or even crazier, maybe the 6 doctors! Maybe they could have a whole slew of them for something like that.

Probably wouldn't happen, but that would be fun if they did.

Some of them are just too old. But Tennant will do it - he does anything the BBC asks - and I think Eccleston can be persuaded despite his claims to the contrary. Dunno about McGann, but he still does a lot of audio stuff, so he's clearly amenable.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They should do one with Matt + Doctors from other dimensions- y'know, fighting the total collapse of reality- so they could have a female doctor, a black doctor...one who is a Border Collie (just to keep the rest of 'em in line), etc.

Some of them are just too old. But Tennant will do it - he does anything the BBC asks - and I think Eccleston can be persuaded despite his claims to the contrary. Dunno about McGann, but he still does a lot of audio stuff, so he's clearly amenable.

It would be really cool as a new 4 doctors... throw Jack and River in as compainions and it could get realy wild...

Tom Baker said in an interview a few years back that he was very grateful to the fans of Dr. Who, but he thought the ship has sailed for him on that front. The next question was, "So if they did another episode that included all the doctors you wouldn't do it?" Tom's reply, "Well, I didn't say that."

So he may or may not actually be interested or uninterested in a reunion, flash-back, crossover show....possibly. ;)

Sutekh

First Post
Id love to see Tom back in Dr Who but I dont think it would happen (bar the recent use of his voice in an episode).

However with Bluescreen and visual capture nowadays it is possible to actuall film him on a Blue screen then digitise the image to a 'younger' version. You dont get to interact as much with that version but there it is. Im surprised nobody has mentioned the other Doctors. 5th doctor would be available, Id love to see the 6th Doctor and Colin Baker back on the screen and Sylvester McCoy so needs to be in the new series too.

I think Americans are going to struggle with the last 2 I mentioned though. I think by the time Colin had arrived the show was in it's decline mode and a lot of viewers turned off.

Just an aside. Loved the new episode. I was half expecting the minotaur guy to be the new Nimon version and in a way he sorta was. I was happy for an episode in which the whole of time and space wasnt about to implode or be destroyed (I actually think Rory mentioned this during the episode to the Doctor)

Fast Learner

First Post
FWIW British crime dramas like Wire in the Blood and, even more so, Luther, are far, far darker than anything on American broadcast TV, and darker than any cable-only US crime dramas, with the exception of Dexter.

Plenty of very dark stuff there.

As to number 11, it's surely not a coincidence that his room number this week was 11.

Janx

Hero
They should do one with Matt + Doctors from other dimensions- y'know, fighting the total collapse of reality- so they could have a female doctor, a black doctor...one who is a Border Collie (just to keep the rest of 'em in line), etc.

I rooting for the Border Collie to come in and save them from being trapped in a well with his Sonic Screwdriver held firmly in his mouth.

Remove ads