Is there a way to get a Kelemvor Cert?

StinkyEttin

First Post
Buying and selling is nothing new; its been going on for over a decade. Promotional materials have always had a market and there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

moardie

First Post
I don't know why they restrict them so much. It would have been nice if they could have just given all the DM's a certificate. It isn't like we were paid or anything.

StinkyEttin

First Post
I would have loved to have been able to give everyone something, but we simply didn't have enough to spread the love around equally. In the case of Gen Con 2015, the RCs and the Admins each got a pretty small allotment of certs to distro as they saw fit.

Now the reason they're in such limited supply is to keep them special; they're not intended to be the norm, which is what they would become if we just mass produced them.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Considering that I've been to some conventions where there were probably 70 or fewer people actually playing D&D, yes, I'd consider 70 certs to be 'mass-produced'.

With that said, throwing a bone to the GenCon DMs isn't a bad idea.

--
Pauper

StinkyEttin

First Post
moardie said:
Making one for each of the 70 or so DM's is mass producing?
Given that that is about twice what we had, yes; especially considering that would have left none to distribute to the RCs for local con support (which is really the big reason for them, to drum up attendance at the smaller, local conventions).

pauper said:
Considering that I've been to some conventions where there were probably 70 or fewer people actually playing D&D, yes, I'd consider 70 certs to be 'mass-produced'.

With that said, throwing a bone to the GenCon DMs isn't a bad idea.
Pretty much this. To put it into perspective, I think there were only 25 Death Domain certificates total issued at Gen Con 2014. These were given only to the Admins for distribution. This year, we were able to get alot more printed. Even then, there was still no way we'd be able to give one to each of the DMs that volunteered to run the games and still have certs left for distribution to the local cons.

I'd love to be able to give swag to all of the DMs that run games for us. But when you look at doing so at just the big three conventions (Winter Fantasy, Origins, Gen Con) that's a staggering amount of product even without local distribution.

And, at the end of the day, the Adventurers League staff is there in the same context that the other DMs are; DMs. We get the same compensation.

Wee Jas

First Post
I'll be at TotalCon playing some D&D next weekend if any of you cert rich philanthropists are around. I will reward you with a hearty handshake and purchase you a Quigley's confectionary of your choice!

Byakugan

First Post
I spent $15 on a DM screen yesterday for my table...I spend about $200 per season on minis from every set to make my games more fun. I am HAPPY to spend that money and more. Hell, our DMs spring for pizza for their players pretty often.

Printing a few pages of card stock to throw a bone to volunteers at major events is considered excessive? What is even their calculation on the % of those certs that will ultimately be lost and never enter circulation?

I would happily pay the cost of printing and labor to have a packet mailed here to Alaska for our volunteers. We have no cons...we'll never be able to have Fai Chen come visit. It would be a tiny sacrifice for me to show them that they are awesome and that I appreciate them for all the time they donate.

Remove ads