• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire OOC, (Closed)

Leif

Adventurer
Let's let the DM say when we should stop, ok? I'm sure that he'll cut us off when we've gone far enough. Maybe?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ok guys, I know you all are in a hurry to finish off the lich but if Scott wants to run this last fight as a face to face, then it might be a good time to wrap until then. Or maybe after the Minotaur fight...I was thinking we might pick up the other characters after the fight (unless they are both playing the lich)

I was actually wondering about the same thing . . . I'd be fine with going after the minotaur, but I'm afraid the fight with the lich will require us to have all of our resources and taking on the minotaur before then would likely drain us significantly.

On the other hand, it's not quite two months before LakeCon, and we definitely don't want to go too far before then.

Scott, did you mean for us to just do the final approach and fight face to face, or did you have something else in mind?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
I was going to just let you keep going until you got right up the Lich's door as it were. If you choose to go find the minotaur and company we can do that as well. I try not to railroad you guys into a particular course of action.

I believe Chris has voiced some interest in playing the Lich, which will certainly make DM'ing the final fight easier. I've long thought it would interesting to share the DM screens with Chris. If Rhun comes he had suggested he would be interested in running the evil Cleric you already have with you. That again will make my job easier.

If all goes to plan, a questionable hope I know, then we have a role for everyone. If Bill does end up putting in an appearance I have a surprise or two up my sleeve that might appeal to him as well.

So basically, you can go back to the rooming house and take a little rest until LakeCon or you can seek the minotaur, or scout the Lich's lair where I'm sure I can come up with a minor encounter or two to keep you busy or you can follow whatever fancy you wish. All roads lead to the Lich's tower...

Scotley

Hero
Okay gang, as you know the resolution of the current plot threads did not take place at LakeCon as planned. I'm going to try and encourage Todd to get active again for the wrap up, but failing that I'll npc his character. All ashore that's going ashore...

Lou

Explorer
Arkansan

On the way to the office this morning, the car in front of me had Arkansas plates with a Paragould dealer name. He drove to the gas station across the street from the office, so I pulled into the parking lot and yelled at him when he got out. Mr. Shelton was born and raised in Rector, class of '58 I think he said. He used to work for the city of Houston in their legal department as a claims adjuster. After retiring, he moved back to Rector. He's in my area visiting old friends ("a lady friend"). We had a nice chat, and I wished him a safe drive back home.

Scotley

Hero
On the way to the office this morning, the car in front of me had Arkansas plates with a Paragould dealer name. He drove to the gas station across the street from the office, so I pulled into the parking lot and yelled at him when he got out. Mr. Shelton was born and raised in Rector, class of '58 I think he said. He used to work for the city of Houston in their legal department as a claims adjuster. After retiring, he moved back to Rector. He's in my area visiting old friends ("a lady friend"). We had a nice chat, and I wished him a safe drive back home.

Small world. I helped rebuild a church that burned in Rector one summer back in the mid-eighties during one of the many unpleasant character building jobs I had back in the day. Not a bad place for a poor small town on the edge of the delta.

Sorry posting has slowed. I've picked up a nasty head cold and I just haven't felt like posting. I should have things back up to speed by the time you guys finish up your holiday madness.

Leif

Adventurer

Small world. I helped rebuild a church that burned in Rector one summer back in the mid-eighties during one of the many unpleasant character building jobs I had back in the day. Not a bad place for a poor small town on the edge of the delta.
And I've stopped in Rector several times to empty my bladder, too! :D
Get well soon, Scotty, and pay no mind to leibrock. He's just jealous because he can't live here in the South anymore and has to live up there amongst all them damned yankees. [Mike L: :p]

Remove ads