It's time to make fetch happen: Barbie Teaser 2, Now With More Gosling

we should just have a smug pretentious movie/Hollywood thread

"if we could just get people to stop going to see crappy movies, Hollywood would stop making them. I promise you."

Not my genre either. Wouldn't mind seeing Scream 6 or M3ghan.

I don't like rom cons either their existence doesn't bother me though.
M3ghan was good, but wait for it on streaming (it's currently on prime here in the US)
The last romcom i saw was No Hard Feelings, loved it.
It just feels like every time there's some huge popular movie that makes the rounds on social media/memes or folks feel a popular genre has overstayed its welcome, folks here get a bit snobbish (myself included)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I didn't mean to suggest that comic book superhero movies were "crappy." I was trying to say they are repetitive: it feels like Hollywood has been running the same three movies on loop for decades. (At least they change the costumes.) But hey, the formula works: they have a machine that pretty much lets them print money every summer, so of course they're going to crank that sucker as high as it'll go and run it for as long as they can. It's what I'd do, if I had one.

Barbie has piqued my interest because it's a different kind of summer blockbuster. I'm very curious to see what it's impact is going to be both in the short term and the long.

Zardnaar

Legend
I didn't mean to suggest that comic book superhero movies were "crappy." I was trying to say they are repetitive: it feels like Hollywood has been running the same three movies on loop for decades. (At least they change the costumes.) But hey, the formula works: they have a machine that pretty much lets them print money every summer, so of course they're going to crank that sucker as high as it'll go and run it for as long as they can. It's what I'd do, if I had one.

Barbie has piqued my interest because it's a different kind of summer blockbuster. I'm very curious to see what it's impact is going to be both in the short term and the long.

I'll take a decent rom com over most super hero movies tbh.

Currently watching Spiderman (2012) but I hardly watch SH movies so not sick of them as such just sick of the churn.

Ryujin

Legend
Well, considering I call a large number of horror movies crap, Hollywood keeps making them and people keep going to see them.
It's rather telling that I have several friends who have independently said that they'll make a horror movie, first, so that they can fund the movie that they want to make.

"Asteroid City" was a great, weird little movie with a stellar cast.

Zardnaar

Legend
It's rather telling that I have several friends who have independently said that they'll make a horror movie, first, so that they can fund the movie that they want to make.

"Asteroid City" was a great, weird little movie with a stellar cast.

They're cheap to make.

Remove ads