It's time to make fetch happen: Barbie Teaser 2, Now With More Gosling

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
M3ghan was good, but wait for it on streaming (it's currently on prime here in the US)
The last romcom i saw was No Hard Feelings, loved it.
It just feels like every time there's some huge popular movie that makes the rounds on social media/memes or folks feel a popular genre has overstayed its welcome, folks here get a bit snobbish (myself included)

Bring. Back. The Western.

#WellalrightPilgrim

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Bring. Back. The Western.

#WellalrightPilgrim
Theyve already got that one too

F607D2CE-6028-4C5B-8B37-47788382BDD5.jpeg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I didn't mean to suggest that comic book superhero movies were "crappy." I was trying to say they are repetitive: it feels like Hollywood has been running the same three movies on loop for decades. (At least they change the costumes.) But hey, the formula works: they have a machine that pretty much lets them print money every summer, so of course they're going to crank that sucker as high as it'll go and run it for as long as they can. It's what I'd do, if I had one.
Yeah, this has been the Hollywood model from the beginning. After superheroes, it'll be something else.

And I don't think anyone can argue that all superhero movies are crap. We've already gotten at least one Unforgiven-level meta-commentary on them in Logan, which was a flat-out A+ of a movie, for instance. And barring a few wild misfires, they're usually at least entertaining, which one can't always say for random stuff on streaming.

Remove ads