Trailer Joker: Folie à Deux | Official Teaser Trailer

I appreciated the aesthetic and mood of the first movie, but my takeaway from it was that - intentionally or not - it was a film that had nothing to say, but with a main character who thought he was doing something meaningful. It was tragic in that way, and tragic that for a while a number of people felt like the film resonated with them.

Like, oof, if you feel a kindred spirit to Joaquin Phoenix's Joker, you must have a pretty desolate, unempowered life.

So as, like, a meditation on how our society frays and lets people suffer, I got some satisfaction from it. But, like, it was pretty fatalist about the whole thing. It said, "Here is a guy in a naughty word situation, and no one out there is trying to do anything good about it."

I wonder what the sequel will have to say about how people who feel alienated interact with relationships - relationships which, I'm guessing, probably aren't genuinely healthy. So yeah, I'll watch it.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I don't know...I loved the first movie, and I'm not seeing any obvious red flags here, but I just can't get excited about this.

I honestly think I'm just overexposed to Harley Quinn as a character at this point. It seems like she's been everywhere the last few years, with the Margot Robbie iteration of her turning up in almost every DCEU film, the Harley Quinn animated series, at least a few major video games, and now this. It's like what some people were saying about Spider-Man a while back.

I don't know about overexposure, but there is at least some speculation that maybe this time Harley Quinn is actually the one that provokes Joker into being bad "again". Not sure there is really enough in the trailer to support that, though.

But isn't this basically going to be a musical? In that case, it will really depend a lot on the quality of the performances, I think. We'll see. Or at least hear and read about it before we decide to see, right?

I appreciated the aesthetic and mood of the first movie,
I like the movie itself well enough. Between Joaquin Phoenix in the first movie and Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight, the part that I'm not looking forward to is a whole new batch of internet memes. Apparently everyone identifies with the joker and they can use their most iconic lines to validate/refute anything.
I honestly think I'm just overexposed to Harley Quinn as a character at this point.
I think, for me, the issue is that I just don't get the fascination. She's just not distinct from all the other tragic villains, abused henchpersons, revolving-door hero/villain, cloudcookoolander action-girls in comics, other than she has all those traits. She's Daffy Duck, with a few extra sympathetic beats. None of it is bad, per se, but I don't get why she gets the fascination and Ivy, Catwoman, or Batgirl haven't that much this decade.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I like the movie itself well enough. Between Joaquin Phoenix in the first movie and Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight, the part that I'm not looking forward to is a whole new batch of internet memes. Apparently everyone identifies with the joker and they can use their most iconic lines to validate/refute anything.

I think, for me, the issue is that I just don't get the fascination. She's just not distinct from all the other tragic villains, abused henchpersons, revolving-door hero/villain, cloudcookoolander action-girls in comics, other than she has all those traits. She's Daffy Duck, with a few extra sympathetic beats. None of it is bad, per se, but I don't get why she gets the fascination and Ivy, Catwoman, or Batgirl haven't that much this decade.
images

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I very much like that Dr Quinzell was a promising ‘stable’ psychologist seduced by Jokers personality, with it becoming a descent into obsession and dependency.
Making this version another patient in a co dependent pyschopathy is perhaps too much of a big change for me. It might be a good story in itself but crazy Harley is too easy and, I agree, too over exposed

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I sometimes worry about these actors that go through such physical changes for a part. In one movie he's overweight then in this one grossly underweight. These extremes can't be good.

Remove ads