Keep on the Shadowfell (OOC)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Atanatotatos said:
Hallo gene! nice to see you here!

Out of curiosity, if you want a battlefield controller, why did you choose acid arrow over sleep?Isn't it a bit too awesome to pass?

I wanted the ability to choose a high-damage daily. I might go back in and redo it.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I don't want to intrude, really, just an opinion. Fact is, Sleep is probably one of the best spells in the game, despite being 1st level. I don't remember any other spell that inflicts the "unconscious" condition. So maybe you don't want to prepare it because of flavour reason or tastes etc., but i think you should know it. Again, just an opinion.

Bialaska

First Post
Atanatotatos said:
I don't want to intrude, really, just an opinion. Fact is, Sleep is probably one of the best spells in the game, despite being 1st level. I don't remember any other spell that inflicts the "unconscious" condition. So maybe you don't want to prepare it because of flavour reason or tastes etc., but i think you should know it. Again, just an opinion.

I agree that Sleep is one of, if not the best, low level control spell the wizard has available. But I guess if you doubt the damage-dealing ability of the rest of the party, then having a high-damage dealer for the daily spell is not a bad thing.
And as far as I know this party has only 1 striker (the Rogue, who is primarily melee, but may do a bit distance), so extra ranged damage is not a bad thing.

Rayex

First Post
As it seems we've got enough meatshields and such, I wouldnt mind swapping to a Ranger actually. If nobody objects, ofcourse.

Edit: Or perhaps a warlock.. *will read up some more*

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Bialaska said:
I agree that Sleep is one of, if not the best, low level control spell the wizard has available. But I guess if you doubt the damage-dealing ability of the rest of the party, then having a high-damage dealer for the daily spell is not a bad thing.
And as far as I know this party has only 1 striker (the Rogue, who is primarily melee, but may do a bit distance), so extra ranged damage is not a bad thing.

I'd say it's one of the best at any level. It's an area attack that initually causes the slowed condition, which is very good in the first round or so; then if they fail the save they're unconscious, and obvously there's no better condition, and, as i said if i'm not mistaken no other spell causes that.
Anyway, i'd take flaming sphere over acid arrow; freezing cloud is only good against minion if i don't miss something...

Jemal

Adventurer
I don't think damage dealing's gonna be too much of a problem.

So here's my draft so far, just need to spend my remaining gp on mundane equipment. Whadaya think?
[sblock=Darren]
Darren
Male Dragonborn Fighter1
AL: Good HT: 6'5" WT: 250 Scale colour: Rusty

STR: 19 (+4) [17 +2 racial)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 11 (+0)
CHA: 15 (+2) [13 +2 racial]

HP: 29 Bloodied: 15 Healing Surge: 9(11/day)
AC: 19 FORT: 16 REF: 13 WILL: 12
Init: +1 Speed: 5

Attacks:
Melee Basic:
Longsword +8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage [Standard, Melee]

Skills: [3 trained]
Athletics +3(+5 w/o shield) [+5 trained +1 ability - 3(1) armour]
Heal +5 [+5 trained]
Intimidate +9 [+5 trained + 2 ability +2 racial]

Feats: [1] Weapon Focus (Heavy Blades)

Class/Racial Features:
Combat Challenge (When you attack, target is marked: -2 attack rolls not including you, if target shifts or doesn't attack you you get melee basic attack for free)
Weapon Talent (One-handed +1)
Dragonborn Fury (+1 attack when Bloodied)
Draconic Heritage (+2 healing surge)
Dragon Breath

At Will:
Sure Strike: +10 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage [Standard, Melee]
Cleave: + 8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage(Adjacent Enemy takes 4 damage) [Standard, Melee]

Encounter:
Passing Attack: +8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage (If hit, can Shift and make Secondary attack vs another target at +10 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage) [Standard, Melee]
Dragon Breath: +6 vs Reflex, 1d6+2 Acid damage [Minor, Close Blast 3]

Daliy:
Comeback Strike: +8 Vs AC, 2d8+5 damage (and can spend a healing surge) [Standard, Mellee]

Languages: Common, Draconic

Equipment:
Scale Mail
Heavy Shield
Long Sword
30 Gp
[/sblock]

Remove ads