Kingdom Lost - Episode 2 "Department 7"

JimAde

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Selene blinks, “Wait you think the client is like bad or something. Now, I am not going to turn over this cutie to a psycho just because it is our job, are you sure we can trust this lady?”
"No, I'm not sure. That is, in fact, my point," Dexter says a little condescendingly. "I think we should try to get a handle on the real situation before we do anything we can't take back. Maybe James can have a little talk with Rizzym if we find him and see what the deal is. James?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
JimAde said:
"No, I'm not sure. That is, in fact, my point," Dexter says a little condescendingly. "I think we should try to get a handle on the real situation before we do anything we can't take back. Maybe James can have a little talk with Rizzym if we find him and see what the deal is. James?"

James stops looking out the window to address Dexter's question. Up until that point he had listened but was hesitant to add input.

"Before we go mingling with Rizzym there's a couple of things to consider. To get any more involved than we are may pull us into something we don't wanna be part of, correct? You said you were getting a bad vibe from the client, Dexter, but does that mean Rizzym doesn't give off the same vibe? Don't get me wrong, I'm not just going to assume Rizzym is a bad person, but if he has associated with this client who gives off a bad vibe, I'm not about to assume he's a good person either. If we're intending to give Rizzym a warning about the dogs at his heels the best case scenario I can foresee is us not finding him at all, meaning he was successful in his own efforts, but things only ever turn out that peachy in movies. Just as easily as we could be helping someone escape the big bads we could be helping a nastier person escape the not-as-nasties. We could put ourselves between the client and Rizzym in any number of ways and we may not like the outcome. On the other hand though we can choose to remain blissfully ignorant, still not liking the outcome. So choose your shade of grey I say," he says solemnly.

James chuckles bitterly then looks back out the window.

"Thought I left this kinda thing behind," he mutters to himself.

JimAde

First Post
Dexter shrugs and goes back to his typing. "That's all I'm saying. We should try to get a handle on the situation before we do anything irrevocable." He taps a few more keys, then says, "I suppose I could try checking up on our client when we get back to the office."

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Ah, fair enough then. I'm always a fan of being well informed before taking action," James says, watching a car pass in the opposite direction.

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"Ah, fair enough then. I'm always a fan of being well informed before taking action," James says, watching a car pass in the opposite direction.

Selene listens to the discussion and adds her thoughts, “Well either way it just sounds like we are damned if we do, and damned if we don’t… I just don’t like that either way.” She maneuvers the car around a slower vehicle as the road moves away from the coastline around the Point Mugu Naval Air Station and towards Oxnard.

She pulls off on the first exit and works her way slowly down the road till the beach is in site once more. Although passing more then a few fields with fresh manure out to fertilize the plentiful strawberry fields and immigrant worker working the land.

She pulls into a gas station that is within walking distance of The Last Chance Motel. Selene gets out getting some gas and sighs, “Well do we walk from here, or do I drive up and we just say hello?”

Selene then turns to watch a black Acura sedan pass by the gas station and then turn into a parking lot for Jack-in-The Box fast food restaurant. The windows are tinted as the vehicle gets in line for the drive thru. She looks to James, “I could have sworn I saw that same vehicle on the road with us… oh well.”

Secret Spot checks… muhahahaha

Shalimar

First Post
Sakura slides her bike in to stop beside Selene's car, and fills up the nearly empty tank, staying as silent as she had for the last day or so. She really did have a lot to think about, Department 7, being a psychic, her mom being a psychic and hiding it, and she wasn't even sure that Koga wasn't one either, even if he didn't think so.

The Asian woman pays for her gas and pulls her bike off to the side. She steps over to Selene's car and leans in the driverside window. "So whats the plan James? I'm just here to help." she says.

JimAde

First Post
Dexter goes into the gas station to use the facilities. He emerges a few minutes later as Sakura finishes filling her tank. He leans with his back against the car, waiting for James' response and looking around.

[OOC: Just how far is the motel? Dexter's pretty lazy and will vote to take the car if it's more than a couple of blocks.

And: The return of Shalimar! Huzzah! Welcome back. ]

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“I could have sworn I saw that same vehicle on the road with us… oh well.”

James glances at the Acura.

Nice car.

"Go with what your gut tells you, you'll be surprised how often it's right," he says and strums his fingers on the roof of the car.

Shalimar said:
"So whats the plan James? I'm just here to help."

"It's certainly appreciated, you've been invaluable today," James says thankfully, "I'm thinking we take down details for the cars parked there, if there isn't too many, take a brief look around and if we aren't certain by then check in with the people at the desk. Sound alright?"

JimAde

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"It's certainly appreciated, you've been invaluable today," James says thankfully, "I'm thinking we take down details for the cars parked there, if there isn't too many, take a brief look around and if we aren't certain by then check in with the people at the desk. Sound alright?"
Dexter perks up. "Sounds good to me," he says getting into the back seat. He digs out the digital camera. "I'll take shots of license plates and stuff."

[OOC: Tokiwong: I didn't explicitly state I was bringing the camera. Can I get away with this?]

Tokiwong

First Post
JimAde said:
Dexter perks up. "Sounds good to me," he says getting into the back seat. He digs out the digital camera. "I'll take shots of license plates and stuff."

[OOC: Tokiwong: I didn't explicitly state I was bringing the camera. Can I get away with this?]
The camera is fine. The motel is one block away.

Selene nods looking across the street, “Alright, I will trust my gut,” she agrees with James, “I think that sounds like a good plan, James. So we driving or walking?”

Remove ads