Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
XP Totals Before New XP
All of the PCs each had 66,500 XP before these current awards. Aureus only had 60,114 XP.

Ruins of the Temple of Bogphin (cont.)
Ad Hoc Bonus for Roleplaying: 1,000 XP for each PC (but not Aureus)
Deciphering the Door / The Hermit's Chamber: 1,000 XP for each character
Disposing of the Nightshade’s Eggs: 500 XP for all the characters except Litrix who gets 750 XP
Exploring the Ruined Temple: 500 XP for each character

The Nightshade and Living Web / Medium and Large Monstrous Spiders: 600 XP for each character
Feral Troglodyte Ravenous Ghasts / Vicious Ghouls: 450 XP for each character

Aureus Unlocks Several Chests and Doors: 250 XP for Aureus
Caerth 'Handles' Shouzas: 250 XP for Caerth
Phar Explodes the Rat Swarm: 250 XP for Phar (comedy gold) :ROFLMAO:
Quinn’s Family Connection to The Boots: 250 XP for Quinn

NEW XP TOTALS
Angus:
Litrix: 70,800
Maur: 70,550
Phar: 70,800
Quinn: 70,800
- - -
Aureus: 63.414
Caerth: 70,800

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Also: Magical Denizens of the Heartwood

In the current time, the forest is called the Halfling Woods. It covers an area that is equal to 55 square miles. (It used to be more than twice that size when the Heartwood book was written in -260 N.C. [over 1,000 years ago].) Roughly 81% of the forest is dense forested wilderness. The rest is considered to be arable but is isolated and scattered throughout the woods.

In the current time, the Halfling Woods are primarily populated by halflings and other nonhuman peoples such as elves, dwarves, and isolated cat peoples. The exact number of people living in the Halfling Woods is unknown. It could be anywhere from 1,000 to 3,000 settled people (with a lot more unknown denizens). The halflings of the wood consider themselves to be part of the Strandlands.

There is, at least, one village in the Halfling Woods, which called Violetbell. While it existed during The Hermit's time period, the village didn't seem to exist when the book was originally written by the halfling sorcerer Merovech Kerrain.

The Halfling Woods is rarely referred to as the Heartwood any longer.

(I'll write a more detailed description of this book, as well, and post it on the campaign guide thread. But, probably not right away.)

@Neurotic im waffling on studying Permanency. The reason is strictly that it’s a high level spell slot that we may need for something different. While permanent comprehend languages is pretty awesome, I think one of the cleric-types can probably study it (it’s only 2nd). If it’s more than one day’s travel to our goal, then I’ll take. Otherwise, I’ll save the slot for disintegration or dismissal or something(I forget what level it is)

@Knightfall how many days travel to the Wicked Hill area?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
If the PCs were to go straight towards the Wicked Hill, it would be just over 12 miles to reach it through the cacti forest, desert, and then high hills. I thought I posted the player's map of the area beyond the Temple of Bogphin here on EN World, but if I did, it got lost somewhere in this thread.

Regardless, I've added it here: link.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
@Neurotic im waffling on studying Permanency. The reason is strictly that it’s a high level spell slot that we may need for something different. While permanent comprehend languages is pretty awesome, I think one of the cleric-types can probably study it (it’s only 2nd). If it’s more than one day’s travel to our goal, then I’ll take. Otherwise, I’ll save the slot for disintegration or dismissal or something(I forget what level it is)

Both are more of a downtime spells, I would never have CL ready except that I can actually burn it for healing or smites or other effect as Ordained champion. And we actually might need it in the evil temple :D

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sorry that I haven't been posting as much. I've been trying to not do as much typing lately. My right rotator cuff has been acting up on me again, and I have bad tendonitis in my right elbow.

I'll try posting sometime this week (for both games), but it likely won't be until mid-week.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@TaranTheWanderer: More about the book entitled "Evia's Guide to Wands"...

This short 26-page booklet has twenty hand-drawn illustrations of wand designs for arcane spellcasters. Its creator was a female dwarf wizard known as Evia Nanarv who writes her personal story regarding magic over the last six pages of the book. She was born in the Strandlands in the year 500 N.C., and from an early age, she sought to become an instructor at the Magicians’ Guild in the City of Sandbreak. She achieved her goal by the time she is 140 years old.

The wands that are illustrated in the book:
  • Chapter 1: bear’s endurance, bull’s strength, cat’s grace, darkness, eagle’s splendour, ghoul touch, hold person, invisibility, magic missile, summon monster I.
  • Chapter 2: acid arrow, false life, knock, levitate, mirror image.
  • Chapter 3: charm person, dispel magic, fireball, stoneskin, wall of ice.
Note that each wand's page mentions the name of the wizard who designed the wand illustrated on that page. It includes a short quote from the wizard in question. There is only one wizard who designed the wands in the first chapter... Evia herself. For Chapter 2, there are three named wizards (one wizard for two wands [acid arrow, knock], another for two wands [false life, mirror image], and, finally, the third for one wand [levitate]). For Chapter 3, there is a different wizard for each wand (*). Arixon is the wizard designer for the Wand of Wall of Ice.

Evia personally signed and dated this copy to Arixon. It is noted as being given to the Boots wizard in 610 N.C.

*More later. Very tired. Very sore. Laundry is done. Time for a hot bath, then sleep. :sleep:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I've added a short post.

Also, I'm checking with @Aust Thale to see how he is feeling, and if he can get his PC for this game done sometime in the next few days. If not, we'll continue on without him until he is ready.

Remove ads